1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice
  2. You can find all the latest news on macOS 11 (Big Sur) and Apple M1 compatibility for our products here: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013515618

Dismiss Notice

Host Transport Control doesn't work with Komplete Kontrol MK2 due to NI removing MCU support

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by HammyHavoc, May 20, 2018.

1. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

It‘s mainly the delay, I guess ... that again something promised by NI didn‘t happen.

2. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion NI Product Owner

My stance is directly in relation to NI's trend of misleading and failing to deliver on Clearly Outlined promises made to us, the end-users. If you can't understand why someone (or a company, which is a legal person) breaking promises, being deceptive or misleading, or being silent about removing features in upgrades when you are supporting them, that's fine. Most of us here do, and it's problematic. If you didn't buy a Jam or Komplete 12, maybe it does not concern you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. van Grieg

van Grieg NI Product Owner

I have both Jam and Komplete 12 Collector’s edition or whatever it’s called.

When I bought Jam, I heard nothing about K12 or MX. Quite a happy user of this device, although I’m sort of frustrated in that IMO this should be the flagship with velocity sensitive pads, not the Mk3. But I’m not a “beat maker”, whatever that means. The main reasons why I like Jam are the touchstrips (a kind of poor man’s replacement for motorized faders, really), and 64 pads that allow me to control both Ableton and Maschine. I’m not really sure a song layer mode would replace Ableton for me. And if it wouldn’t, why bother?

I have no idea why they delay the features this long, but frankly, there are a lot of things NI offer that are awesome. Starting with the sheer number of sounds in Komplete and ending with quite decent hardware.

If and when they release that MX I’ll try it and maybe will use it happily but for now I’d certainly prefer that they focus on the numerous issues and bugs and inconsistencies with current products rather than jumping on all these new things.

4. plunntic iam

plunntic iam New Member

C'mon guys, it won't happen.

Issue with S1 - and possibly other DAWs - integration is NI's "priority" and "in their backlog" for a really long time now. There's plenty of forum threads and support tickets all over the net, but i don't think NI cares. The issue is more likely in their "won't fix" list, not in a backlog.

From a marketing point of view it's just a poor move to say "we don't care about other DAWs users" so they say "yes we're aware of the problem", "yes, we are working on it", "yes it's on our backlog list" instead. But i doubt if in reallity anybody is working on that. Or ever will, for that matter.

Think about it, they don't even bother to make a statement about why it is such a problem to make it work in other DAWs or why they don't have the will to work on that. If they don't have time or resources to support every DAW on the planet they could make their drivers user-extendable (using python or lua scripts, or whatever really). I'm more than sure there are many S1 (and other DAWs) users out there happy to do some work to integrate their favourite DAW. I happen to be a software developer myself and could possibly have done it if there was a way.

But apparently NI don't want that happen - they just feed you with all that BS about what a priority it is for them. It's sad cause i really wanted to buy this controller - it's probably the best in it's price range and comes with Komplete 12 Select which i think is a great deal.

But i won't give my money to a company that treats its customers with such a lack of respect. I may in the future, but only if NI will start to deliver up to their promises. For the time being i'm looking for a different controller and i advice you to do the same.

• Like Like x 2
  5. thusis

thusis NI Product Owner

They start to listen to the customer base when sales volume decrease, unfortunately it‘s that simple...

• Like Like x 2
  6. navin.neu

navin.neu New Member

Sure can't wait to be able to use the keyboard I bought in September :):):mad:

Seriously, I feel bad for the devs that must have been under an insane deadline to push the MkII S-Series and the A-Series out. The fact that the products are still in this unfinished state this long after release is nuts though. Only reason I haven't sold my A-Series is because I've enjoyed having Monark and Prism, so I've been reluctant to do a license transfer. I can only imagine how i'd feel if I'd gotten one of the >$400 models and could barely use it.

7. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Had an interesting thought: if the transport buttons on the KKMK2 won't function, what happens if you use a footswitch?

8. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

9. navin.neu

navin.neu New Member

That page also mentions an update to the KK software. Maybe that’ll have the updates we’re looking for?
    One can hope... :oops:

Definitely feels silly to release a new keyboard when these ones are still half baked, even if I do rather like the form factor of that new one.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. mykejb

mykejb NI Product Owner

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. xgman

xgman NI Product Owner

I don't really understand why it is so hard to standardize transport control across all audio protocols at this stage of the game in 2019. I mean left click right click stop record play? What's the hold up?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Xyenz Fyxion

You beat me to it.

They pushed back Massive X development just to integrate Sounds.com. I'm not certain, but it seems like they are focused on competing with Splice and others more than just development of their own software - which we really want more than Sounds.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

Development costs and/or free human resources, I guess.

PS: sounds.com can generate profit ... developing a promised feature after release, doesn‘t.

14. Xyenz Fyxion

Developing promised features display a track record of taking care of the consumer. That is likely more enticing to a new client than lack of support and lack of consistency. Promised and new features also make the product more appealing to new buyers of said product.

And, if Sounds.com is going to generate a profit, invest money into finishing the promises. Invest time into finding volunteers here in the forums to add features we desire. The people have spoken, they said they would do it for NI. Native Instruments knows how to work an NDA. It's not hard. There is no excuse.

Adil @ NI, and friends, could this be considered/passed along?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

Definitely not and if the word spreads wide enough, NI's reputation will be ruined soon.

• Like Like x 2
  16. marcora

marcora NI Product Owner

All MIDI support is fucked in general in the new KK keyboards, including the S2 (for which there is no MCU or Controller editor support that was there in the S1 series) and the A series. I bought an A49 and the only hardware controls that send out MIDI (CC in this case) are the eight knobs. Interestingly, you can flip through multiple pages of preset CC mappings for the eight knobs with the 2 arrow buttons. Unfortunately, all pages are mapped to exactly the same CCs and there is no Controller editor to change these! What a total **** up. NI must try a bit harder next time.

• Like Like x 1
  17. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

People are quite happy with the actual content and hardware quality, what they are not happy about is the fact that when KK was first released it worked with pretty much ANY DAW on the market to a deep degree, but as new hardware comes out it only works with a select (very select) few and that for users like me that have been using the system for 4 years now, 99% of the requested features and additions have been ignored while new features and additions, that no one at all has been asking for, have instead been included while claims that things are being worked on seem to just fall to the side and 12 months later you still haven't heard of anything.

All I can say is that I would keep your hopes in your pocket in regards to anything one hopes to be included/updated/fixed in the new KK release that is not mentioned on that release page.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

And still no full integration for this.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Xyenz Fyxion

All of this.
    We stay here and keep talking about it because we like it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

For Studio One owners I can only repeat myself ... get an Atom for just 140 bucks and be happy. You will no longer miss the transport control of the keyboard, because the Atom does much more. And it comes with S1 Artist for those, who are interested to use it as second DAW, which might be interesting, because S1 supports AAF export.

Nevertheless MCU needs to be integrated in all keyboards because it‘s still the current standard and not OSC.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019