Host Transport Control doesn't work with Komplete Kontrol MK2 due to NI removing MCU support

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by HammyHavoc, May 20, 2018.

1. hlf

hlf NI Product Owner

Just a look back on the history of what's said.

This was all said in the other thread, so finalizing A series hasn't been completed considering that still no MIDI template? I presume there's a lot work on it still....

All the "excitement" part is exciting for new users, hobby players and free content hunters with non-NI keyboards.

Planning and releasing for Q1 is done but there's only silence about the current plans...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

Yes, it was mentioned, that NI will START working on a fix in Q1. But sorry, I don‘t see that as an official promise, that they really will do that.

PS: See above quotes by HLF ... it‘s just planning!

• Like Like x 1
  3. hlf

hlf NI Product Owner

Yep, it's a slight chance of planning of planning...

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Socially obligated bump. There is absolutely no way that this should not be always on page 1 for prospective customers.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

Should be a sticky.

• Like Like x 2
  6. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Absolutely!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

That doesn‘t help, except warning potential new customers.

8. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

That's the point.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

Not really, because most people join the forum AFTER they bought the Kontrol-S, so when it‘s too late ... except when they bought it online and can send it back.

10. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

Then that's their problem. When I'm looking at gear, I usually visit the manufacturers user forum to check out what the owners think.

• Like Like x 4
  11. GNXT

GNXT New Member

I can't believe there still no solution for a such well marketed product build by one of the biggest companies in the game. Its unacceptable to miss those basic features to work with every DAW. I don't know what they are thinking....im so disappointed. Also latest update broke my keyboard working on Pro Tools now it freezes except the keybed and mod wheel + pitch bend and I need to restart my mac to use it again with KK software elsewhere

• Like Like x 1
  12. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

If they would be thinking, they would notice, that they are ruining their reputation.

I see it coming and NI will soon be owned by Akai or another major player.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

It's frustrating when you're comfortable using a specific DAW, (Studio One) with the NI S1MK1 keyboard, then you see a new version, the MK2 being released, just to discover you lose functionality with the "upgraded" keyboard. What do you do, keep the S1 without the added features, invest your time and money learning a new DAW, or buy the MK2 hoping for a firmware update?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

Get a Presonus Atom and be happy ;-)

15. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

I'm more comfortable with keys.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  16. trusampler

trusampler NI Product Owner

I currently use a iPad on top of my Komplete Kontrol MK2 along with the Presonus remote,it works ok, but NI needs to be men here and keep their word, they said they would fix it!

17. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Me too

• Like Like x 1
  18. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

... for guitar recording, which allows me to play standing or sitting away from the Mac.

• Like Like x 1
  19. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

After waiting for so long, unfortunately, I have decided to go with Arturia KeyLab 61 MK2. I wanted to get a Komplete Kontrol keyboard, but I think Arturia one offers more features and integration possibilities with FL Studio. I think it will also be a good match for my Maschine Mikro MK3, which I love.

:(

20. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

Arturia doesn‘t offer third party integration, only their own synths, as I saw in their forum, where the possibilities of Kontrol got requested. But your Maschine might help you here.