Host Transport Control doesn't work with Komplete Kontrol MK2 due to NI removing MCU support

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by HammyHavoc, May 20, 2018.

1. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

Try the demo ;)

Pigments is pretty powerful, because it combines the „analog“ power of the V-Collection with newer trends, namely wavetable synthesis. And the later is absolutely superb, because you can use regular WAV recordings too, which isn’t possible with most other wavetable synths.

Regarding NKS ... in the forum Arturia announced, that they are already working on it.

Regarding above mentioned user NKS, I guess Analog Lab was meant.

I‘m not sure in this regard. The KeyLab keyboards are great for Arturia synths as it seems, but for Komplete and such stuff, where Kontrol is needed, I think Kontrol-S is the better choice depending on your chosen DAW and how often you use KK compared to other VSTi.

2. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I will try the demo, but for now, I am lost in too many synths already. So perhaps after few months. :D

Hmmm. If only I could afford Kontrol-S keyboard and it had better FL Studio integration. It's not easy decision for me to go with Arturia, becaue until few days ago I was almost certain of Kontrol-A series. However, not sure A-series would give more advantage over Arturia KeyLab in my case.

It's a head-scratching thing until you place the order.

3. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Yes there’s a full template with factory content and previews in the NKS User Library

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

No I meant Pigments.

Until Arturia come out with their own (although in my experience I find companies tend to skimp on details in their NKS mappings - Dune 2 and Circle for example both have very limited company developed templates compared to the user created ones)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bjorg55

Bjorg55 New Member

I'm late to this tread but shouldn't the transport work in Komplete Kontrol standalone? If I prelisten to a loop in NI sampler instrument I have no means to stop it from playing, I have to listen to it to the end. Seems strange.

6. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Socially obligated bump so prospective buyers are aware of the current situation.

• Like Like x 1
  7. trusampler

trusampler NI Product Owner

Over 22,000 views, lets keep making this famous. Native Instruments, do the right thing.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

An update from someone at NI would be greatly appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  9. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

Fortunately or unfortunately, I went ahead with Arturia KeyLab MKII. KK S61 was out of my budget, but I was really looking for KK A61. But had to take this tough call due to lack of better DAW integration for FL Studio.

I have Komplete Audio 6, Maschine Mikro MK3 and getting KK A61 was a dream to complete the NI setup, but I am afraid I could not. Sorry, NI.

I might get M32 in future for portability reasons and because it has (I think) almost everything same compared to A61 (barring the keys part and has strips, of course). I can use M32 as a control surface when in studio and as a complete keyboard with Maschine/KK if I decide to do something on the move.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. HammyHavoc

I think this post should be shown at a few meetings as I'm sure this is common. Money left on the table by NI. So close, yet so far.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BezowinZ

BezowinZ NI Product Owner

I was wondering why this thread was so long. Much more interesting than just MCU support.

The KK S49 & software has been good to me. It's compatibility with Logic & to a lesser degree, MPC software, means I almost never reach for my CPU.

The downside has been that it's been affecting VI purchases. When deciding between the V Collection & Zebra2, Arturia won out because it was NKS.

And though I had enough synths after that, I considered Pigments, but passed because it wasn't yet NKS. Not the worse thing I guess.

And I purchased a bass from a developer that I have several NKS guitars from, not realizing that not only was this one not NKS, it requires the full Kontakt (learned what that meant regarding loading instrumentso_O). Still haven't used it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

There are user developed NKS conversions for both Pigments and Zebra 2

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. HammyHavoc

14. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

I know - couldn't wait

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. HammyHavoc

Here's a good one:

NI are patting themselves on the back about the accessibility of their products, and yet the main reason I'm so agitated over the lack of MCU on the KKMK2 is that for almost an entire year, a blind colleague of mine has been unable to use his muscle memory from the KKMK1 and have a functioning transport. 18 months since launch. Completely unacceptable. What a joke.

It's transport. It really doesn't get any more basic than this.

Again, NI implying that their products will work in the way that you expect. They're pushing the KKMK2 in this video, anybody who has a KKMK1 and uses the accessibility features will assume that the transport works as expected on the KKMK2 as my colleague had. NI have overstepped a line with this video. If they're going to target individuals who are blind with their marketing then they better be damn sure that the "upgrade" is NOT a downgrade for accessibility.

Tagging in Matt @ NI as this is something that needs addressing.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  16. J.Locc

J.Locc New Member

switched from mk1 to mk2 more than a year ago, still waitin for Transport Control...

17. trusampler

trusampler NI Product Owner

Wow~ that's a low blow.. Even a blind man can use it? Same here still waiting for Transport Control in Studio One.

18. BezowinZ

BezowinZ NI Product Owner

Glad I didn't remember the community was on top of this regarding Pigments as I have enough synths. I'm sure Massive is more than a capable comparable.

But I'll be taking advantage of the Zebra2 one when I get around to the purchase. It may be a while as I have quite a few synths that I don't have more than a basic knowledge of. I might even find I already have something similar enough.

19. HammyHavoc

Love Zebra, works beautifully. Just make sure your PC is up to running as many instances of it as you're hoping. Zebra run into Blackhole is weeks of fun.

20. HammyHavoc

• Informative Informative x 2