1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Host Transport Control doesn't work with Komplete Kontrol MK2 due to NI removing MCU support

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by HammyHavoc, May 20, 2018.

1. mbryant4859

mbryant4859 New Member

So does this mean that MCU should work with KK and S1? I am looking to purchase KK to go along with my Maschine and this is what I have been looking for.

2. Oliseo

Oliseo New Member

I no longer have S1 installed, but if it uses MCU, then yes. It's a firmware patch direct to the keyboard itself. You'll just need to set the -DAW instance of the KK as MCU in S1.

I'm sure someone with S1 will be able to help. Maybe ask on Reddit. Although give it a few days, as the update only came out a few hours (from time of posting).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

YEEESS cool finally it works - it is a start now some additional stuff like select track from keyboard, in my case a49, maybe move loop and i am happy

Uwe

4. levic

levic New Member

A miracle happened!MCU available:)

5. Oliseo

Oliseo New Member

I know if I use the rotary dial on my S61 Mk2 in FL Studio I can change the channel...

I can also scrub the timeline.

It's all context sensitive depending on your focus.

It's pretty cool actually.

Give it a try on yours!

6. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Thanks so swap channels works but it does not switch into control mode for the kk plugin loaded on the channel I select - I have to do it additionally like before. And turning the knob does nothing in cubase. But I think they gonna enhance it in a future update. Tomorrow I will try again systematically and not in a rush like today.

Uwe

7. Oliseo

Oliseo New Member

Unfortunately it doesn't select the instance on FL Studio either. There needs to be some kind of scripting for that to happen, as it does on Ableton (and Bitwig, which has the ability to create your own scripts)...

I agree, it's something that NI can implement. The instance of KK that's selected should automatically notify the Keyboard that it's been selected and is focus.

But it's nice to see that NI are actually getting around to these updates. I was super shocked that they provided us with MCU support. As after such a long time, you kind of write it off as "not happening anytime soon".

I was gobsmacked when I got the the email... MCU support... Whooah.

Next up, the enhanced song mode in Maschine. Honestly, if they can add that feature to Mashine, I'd be super stoked...

8. trusampler

trusampler NI Product Owner

Works perfect, channel select as well. Thanks Native Instruments staff. Very much appreciated!! Great Job!!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Nesbett

Nesbett New Member

Yes Thank you Native Instruments !!!!!!

10. Split2nd

Split2nd New Member

WOW...10 years later..smh ..thank you all mighty NI for unlocking hardware I can finally use how intended! hope all enjoy! Happy music making guys...

11. Split2nd

Split2nd New Member

P.S. thank you HammyHavoc for starting this thread and giving us a place to vent our frustrations! Much respect to you, good luck with all your endeavors!

• Like Like x 1
  12. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Appreciate it! :- )

13. Kaffeefahrt

Kaffeefahrt New Member

And it only took over one year and 27 pages of frustrated users in the forum!!! I'm astonished what big proaudio software companies can allow themselves and are not punished by the market... ridiculous!

14. Titus F

Titus F New Member

Im afraid, i dont understand how this works now. The manual concerning the integration in f.e. ableton live, wasnt updated, yes?

Was there a firmware update? My s88 mk2 didnt do any.

Chosing the Kontrol S MK2 in the Midi settings of ableton, i still cannot control live with the hardware buttons on the S88MK2. Actually it plays midi signal then.

Did i miss something? THanks.

15. Tommaso Scalici

Tommaso Scalici New Member

I don't understand how it should work either, I was trying with Studio One but if I select "Komplete Kontrol" I only get usual MIDI signals from keys, if I set "Komplete Kontrol DAW" I get input only from transport controls but as MIDI notes (?)

Anyway, there wasn't any firmware update, just Komplete Kontrol application update (to version 2.1.3)

16. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

You create a mackie midi device in settings and use kk daw as midi in and out. The other kk midi device you use as input for the instrument track you are working on and wich can host kk vst. In cubase you have an auto select feature that routes that midi automatically to the selected track and I guess in s1 there is something similar.

Uwe

17. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

tbh it took a lot more than that

18. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion NI Product Owner

Hey, guys. Long time. I kind of gave up on this. I was glad when the message came through that Transport Controls would work, again. But, after setting up Komplete Kontrol - DAW as a Mackie device in Studio One, it still doesn't work for me. Has anyone successfully done this?

19. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

Not yet, but I need to get this done so I will start it and update this post later.

Edit: Doesn't work for me either. Even when the the device for the keyboard is working to input midi, the transport controls don't work from the keyboard, but works from the host.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  20. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

I'm also not able to get it working on Mixcraft 8. It will start and stop from the DAW, but not from the hardware. MC8 does support MCU.