1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Host Transport Control doesn't work with Komplete Kontrol MK2 due to NI removing MCU support

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by HammyHavoc, May 20, 2018.

1. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

In Lab Rat‘s case only two buttons don‘t get lit up, but transport works, right? Then the handshake shouldn‘t be the source of the problem, right?

2. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Correct - metro and tempo isn't working on my A49 too - and the mackie id's/note messages/pitch bend (volume)/midi ccs (vpots) are the same in every daw for transport, mute, solo,rec arm and a few others but some other functions differ totally.

Uwe

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  3. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

afaik they are not implemented (yet?)

4. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

Definitely not an issue with the handshake, I just loaded up Studio One, added my M32 as a Mackie Controller and transport works just fine...as with others, no Metronome and Tempo control, but I am not even sure if that is part of the MCU Spec, and I say this due to the fact that the Mackie Control Pro I have has no "Out of the Box" button or control for Metronome on/off or Tempo Change. And in further research of the MCU Protocol, requiring a "Handshake" was initially part of the protocol, but the spec was changed to Not "require" the handshake.

Other than those two things, Navigation seems to work OK, only weirdness I encountered was that when navigating tracks, Midi tracks would arm for record Automatically when navigating through them, if the next track you navigate to is an audio track, the MIDI track stays armed.

Peace,

Blindeddie

5. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

When looking at photos of the Mackie Controller Pro, I don‘t find buttons for these features.

6. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

Unless Presonus decides to do something, I assume that's all the integration we're going to get.
    Here's a quote from NI back in February, I think.
    "Our Development Team is in talks with Presonus about this already. An SDK has been provided to Presonus for adding Host Integration Support to Studio One, so it is up Presonus to decide if and when they would like to implement this into Studio One. Beyond this, we have no further information available."

Maybe it's time to start bugging Presonus again.
    https://answers.presonus.com/search?q=komplete+kontrol

7. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

General OSC support would be great, e.g. to use things like Lemur too.

8. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

in cubase you can assign them to the function buttons, but that is different for every daw so it would not make sense to implement it.
    Or then native had to do it for every daw seperately and then with different funktion sets in every daw for the two buttons or whatever. Thats why i would prefer if i can midi edit it like with maschine transport daw control mode or at least a midi mode with more than just the 8 knobs in 4 presets - midi mode should include every knob and button that is not needed to switch between the modes.

Uwe

• Like Like x 1
  9. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

yes you don´t need the handshake - but cubase sends it so a hardware developer can decide if the device only works after receiving it.
    Like i think native does with the A and M series, you can simply try by use e.g. M32 Daw midi in as generic midi device and you will not see a note message comming, only after receiving the handshake the transport buttons are active - thats totally strange cause it is not nessecary and
    that way you can´t make your own mapping, use it as generic midi and that way it would work out of the box with every daw on the planet with a little setup. But maybe i´m overseeing something cause native wouldn´t make it that way without a reason!?

Uwe

10. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

Not sure how true this is, or if it even applies to MK2 series keyboards.

Attached Files:

11. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

I bet they mean the Mk2, because the Mk1 is working for me since last year already, using MCU.

12. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

13. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

Yeah, still 4.5.2 ... let‘s wait and see, what 4.5.3 brings or not.

14. Acbdo6

Acbdo6 New Member

Hello everyone!

I would like to know if NI S61 mk2 is full integrated with FL Studio 20. If it's not, which functions would be available to work? Does the arpeggiator work? Besides, is it functional with 3th party plugins or only with Komplete Kontrol?

I don't consider to map everything. For those purposes, I would choose another midi keyboard.

Thanks in advance!

15. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

The update is available now. No need to set up your MK2 keyboard. Studio One automatically recognizes it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

On page 28 of this thread I posted a video showing, that the Mk1 worked using MCU. Now that the Mk2 supports MCU, I would guess, that it should work in FL Studio too.

The ARP requires KK and only NKS-compatible plugins run in KK, including user based NKS. About the later there‘s a separate sticky thread. Besides that, as a side note, I find the free BlueARP plugin much more powerful as KK‘s ARP.

17. Stormchild

Stormchild NI Product Owner

This is the real answer. MCU is old technology that was never designed to do anything more than support the functions on Mackie Control hardware. If you want real integration for NI controllers in your DAW, it has to support OSC. So far that means Logic and Ableton Live. Are there any others?

18. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

Reaper supports the Mk2 by a community solution. The community makes this one of the best available DAWs. I don‘t know, if it has full OSC support, but Lemur works too.

• Informative Informative x 1