1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Host Transport Control doesn't work with Komplete Kontrol MK2 due to NI removing MCU support

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by HammyHavoc, May 20, 2018.

1. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

I would just like to bring everybody's attention to the once again misleading marketing of the Komplete Kontrol MK2, this time with the new 88 key model.
    [​IMG]
    "The ultimate centerpiece for stage and studio - out now"
    One would assume that the "ultimate" centerpiece would at least support an industry standard like MCU. In this regard, the KKMK1 is superior and cheaper.

Sub $100 MIDI controllers have offered MCU for years. Let's not kid ourselves about it being the ultimate until basic things like MCU are here. "Ultimate" really is quite a claim when it isn't going to work as expected in Pro Tools, which is still very much an industry standard in professional studios that are looking for the "ultimate" in everything.

It gets better too. On https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/keyboards/komplete-kontrol-s88/
    [​IMG]
    It says
    "Browse and preview all your presets from KOMPLETE and hundreds of NKS plug-ins, sculpt your sound, and control your favorite DAW from the ultimate studio centerpiece. "

"control your favorite DAW"? This sounds like it works perfectly with everything. Studio One is incredibly popular, and Reaper is also very popular. FL Studio too. Incredibly misleading. The "from the ultimate studio centerpiece" isn't doing anyone any favours either.

There should be quite a lot of use of asterisks pointing to small print in this heavily exaggerated advertisement.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  2. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

And another thing, Maschine Mikro there isn't "micro" by microscopic standards either. Also, they misspelled compact by their own flavoured twist.... Should be Kompact Kompanion god dammit!

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion NI Product Owner

162 messages in this thread... October 2018... We still have to wait for this?? Did we do something wrong? This feels like a punishment, because there is no space in my mind that doubt resides regarding NI's ability to return MCU support to the keyboards. ‍♂️‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 3
  5. HammyHavoc

• Like Like x 1
  6. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

I had the Akai advance, didnt like it, software was buggy, it didnt like a lot of VST's I used, and not very intuitive when using the Chord/scale features. Nice keyboard thou with aftertouch :)

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. JesterMgee

Yeah I was in the Beta test team for a while because I snapped up an Advance 61 weeks after it came out and fed back pages and pages of issues and shortfalls.

A lot of it has been addressed but I found many issues with how it handled some plugins, the browser was clunky and not sleek like KK, the MIDI mode and host controls were 1 way only so you did not get feedback of DAW state (such as if you press Stop in the DAW Play was still lit on the keyboard) and the layout of 8 controls horizontal with 2 x 4 displayed on the screen was confusing for me.

But it was actually quite nice to play and very feature rich only many have issues with stability still now, I still get pings from old threads with people having the same issues with plugins not working correctly, software crashes etc. Part the issue I believe is not just the software but the fact they allow too many plugins to be loaded within the container (layers and FX) which many people have no understanding of how that behaves within their DAW and how the CPU is designated.

Others experiences may vary tho.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  9. JesterMgee

Yeah it really does suck. I'm fortunate to be a Live user almost exclusively since it suits my personal workflow (and still rock an MK1 anyway) but if I was a multi-DAW user or relied on a DAW that worked on MK1 but did not with MK2 i'd be pretty frustrated by now. I am more than confident they are working towards a solution but the game of waiting in silence in the corner gathering dust is frustrating even for the bystanders to watch

• Like Like x 2
  10. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Hello,

But please don´t forget that other users want to use an mackie controler and if you then have an kk keyboard also using it it won´t work with every daw cause you can´t set two masters at least in cubase. But there must be a way to do it properly.

Uwe

11. HammyHavoc

Maschine and KKMK1 allow you to toggle Host Transport control on and off.

12. HammyHavoc

13. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. HammyHavoc

Gut feeling. It's the Maschine area, they're way more active over there than in the Komplete Kontrol area.

15. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

Good luck.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. trusampler

trusampler NI Product Owner

Tagging NI reps is a good idea, that means they have received the message, but still continue this secret vow of silence. Potential customers please be aware this is the treatment you are subject to if you buy assuming 2nd Gen features will work like 1st Gen features! It's simply not the case with NATIVE INSTRUMENTS.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

HammyHavoc now I know what you mean - it was just out of my expectations;

But now i found it, that you can't send midi from kk mk2 like with the others it also don't show up in editor - that's insane. You have to unplug usb then use the midi din but then you can't edit the midi messages it just sends what native has set??? Is it right?? or is that an old information cause in the manual it states that it works!?

I wanted to buy an A49 cause I'm not a keyboard player but without midi mode to have the ability to assign quick controls in Cubase for example it makes no sense for me. And I guess if you don't integrate that in a premium keyboard then the A series will also not have that feature - really disappointed cause that's a must have for every control keyboard.

Uwe

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. HammyHavoc

Echoing what Mr Xyenz Fyxion was told today and posted here: https://www.native-instruments.com/...oftware-and-mk2-keyboard.335981/#post-1692425

This is clearly false advertising by NI, incredibly misleading once again. Deceptive practices are beginning to really escalate. What's next? No MIDI mode for Mikro MK3? No Massive X?

• Like Like x 1
  19. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

They are working very hard to ensure brand loyalty innit...........................

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. HammyHavoc

At this point, I'm not even convinced they are operating with anything more than a skeleton crew and outsourcing development work to third parties. It certainly doesn't seem like a company with in-house devs anymore on KK and Maschine.