In Sticky Host Transport Mode - Customisable Buttons

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by horace_byrd, Sep 24, 2012.

1. ArtsBeatdoc

ArtsBeatdoc Forum Member

2. PooFox

PooFox NI Product Owner

Doesn't make any sense does it? Make all the buttons optionally send MIDI simultaneously. Screw switching into MIDI mode or using this weirdly limiting "host transport" feature. Does NI purposely bungle things just so we'll buy their software upgrades hoping it will include obvious fixes like this?

3. _jon

_jon New Member

+1 please address this

4. donhogo

donhogo New Member

that's really annoying. is there any known workaround? did NI comment on this?

5. PooFox

PooFox NI Product Owner

I've seen no evidence that NI monitors their forums in any way. Best to bitch at them over customer service lines. Poor phone reps...

6. Tomess

Tomess NI Product Owner

And i thought that the vst version of maschine has a bug :eek:
    Man, those programmers never use their own product themselves, i guess :mad:
    +100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

7. MagicFromAnotherDimension

MagicFromAnotherDimension New Member

+123456

Word. I just made an account to say this!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  8. unfoundplayer

unfoundplayer NI Product Owner

9. elmooso

elmooso New Member

+1

Same story with the event button on the studio hardware.

If you chose to use host transport control you effectively lose both the erase function and event mode on the studio. I have to assume this is a fairly small software fix, why it hasn't been implemented is beyond me.

10. PooFox

PooFox NI Product Owner

Why anyone thought it was a good idea in the first place is beyond me! Makes no ******* sense. We should simply be able to choose which buttons to keep in that mode. But that would make too much sense, I guess.

11. dankshanksta

dankshanksta New Member

Found my answer to this question, all i have to do is select the pattern or sound i have, then in the maschine controller push Shift + Pad 9 (clear) this erases my recorded loop.

12. SuperTRev

SuperTRev NI Product Owner

I want to have the dedicated ERASE button actually erase things without having to use SHIFT as well. Why do we have an erase button right infront of us if most of the time we have to use another button to... erase things? It's just as fast to use the top 'delete' buttons.

But you guys should understand the erase button is there because of the replace function. It's good for repetitive overdubbing. Stuff like that
    makes a $1100 drum sequencer worth it. And having to hit shift + erase (and not having a stop button) makes it... not worth it.

13. PooFox

PooFox NI Product Owner

When are you going to implement this simple af fix, NI?! :mad:

Why can't we choose which buttons are used for host transport control? E.g. I never use the sampling button and would rather use it for something in my DAW, whereas ERASE is indispensable to the Maschine workflow.

Quit making new products with the same old problems!!!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  14. apeshake

apeshake NI Product Owner

Maschine is ace but oversights like this should be sorted without us users having to get involved - what the hell does host transport use the events button for anyway?

• Like Like x 1
  15. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

You're spot on with this. Bought the Maschine MK3 and Komplete Kontrol MK2 a couple weeks ago, and find the inability to map it as needed (and expected) to be truly ass-backwards. They're fantastic products, work beautifully together-- but the lack of flexibility with my DAW (Studio One) makes this a complete pain in the ass, and ultimately difficult to recommend.

• Like Like x 1
  16. samms

samms NI Product Owner

even with us getting involved, it's not happening lol.
    i used to just 'live with it' and used to delete sounds by duplicating an empty slot to the sample that i wanted to delete, but now that i'm using a lot more groups, this does not work for me anymore..

NI pease add this minor feature!

17. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Still can't believe this isn't possible.

18. GVik

GVik NI Product Owner

:):):)
    +1

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dan Dolan

Dan Dolan NI Product Owner

+1

• Like Like x 1
  20. basehead617

basehead617 NI Product Owner

+1

It's particularly egregious losing ERASE.

I mean, christ you can't even delete groups or sounds without that button AFAIK...?

• Like Like x 2