In Sticky Host Transport Mode - Customisable Buttons

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by horace_byrd, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Sparaoh

Sparaoh New Member

It also makes -inf sense, since Transport controls have absolutely nothing to do with editing.

The most frustrating part about this problem is that it's so hard to imagine how it ended up like this in the first place. How many people at NI just didn't bother to point out this obvious flaw or worse, couldn't see it?

And why isn't looking stupid and neglectful for some ten years not enough incentive to simply address the problem? I know it's cliche for the ignorant to assume a seemingly simple change will actually be a simple programming task, but really...how hard can it be?!

Just bloody get ERASE out of host transport because it literally makes host transport useless for a wide variety of workflows! (Are there even any that benefit from it?)

• Like Like x 1
  2. basehead617

basehead617 NI Product Owner

I think logically it's in transport because you can hold ERASE while recording to overwrite note data rather than overdub.

But due to its position in the button-set it turns into rewind or whatever it is. Someone really fucked up when they shrugged that off designing these units.

• Like Like x 1
  3. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Total pain in the arse. I've never understood why it was designed this way.

• Like Like x 1
  4. basehead617

basehead617 NI Product Owner

I just noticed that going into Controller Editor and enabling 'host transport control' didn't work with the Mk III in Logic when I enabled it (It did used to work with my Studio)

I checked the manual, and the section 'Controlling your Host’s Transport Functions in Plug-in Mode' has been removed from the Mk III manual. There is still a reference in one of the inset paragraphs that says 'However from your controller you can directly control the transport functions of your host applica- tion instead. See section Controlling your Host’s Transport Functions in Plug-in Mode for more in- formation.' however it doesn't link to any manual section unlike the Studio/Mk2 manuals, because it doesn't exist anymore.

Are you guys able to get it working?