Hotfix urgency (where's 2.8.3???)

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Bagoftrix, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Bagoftrix

Bagoftrix NI Product Owner

I went from mk1 to 2 to 3, so i've been a user of Maschine hardware and software for quite some time.

But this is the first time i'm actually fed up with how NI is handling Maschine.

Where you used to work around shortcomings in the past, now we're dealing with functions not working properly and messing up your workflow.
    And the particular bug i'm constantly trying to work around is a bug that's been known for months.
    The 'slicing polyphony bug' is crippling an essential feature, and yet it didn't get fixed in 2.8.2 and there's still no word on 2.8.3.

Imagine selling a car, tuning it a few months later while also slicing the tires, and then expect the customer to figure it out for months until you replace his flat tires.

Yes Maschine can do tons of other stuff, so for some it may seem like a 'little' bug. But to sample based production, the audience you went after, trying to get MPC die-hards to switch over back then, to just leave us hanging for months... come on, do better.

It's not as if i can revert back to 2.7 easily, man if i knew what i'd get myself into running that update...

To summarize, i feel NI needs to hotfix bugs of this magnitude, and don't let us wait so you can package it with other fixes and new functions...

2. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Hey give it 3 or 4 years... only then will they not have time to fix it :thumbsup:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Oddly enough it took a month until someone mentioned the Polyphony bug on the forum, given it's a sampler and has a sample based audience like you said one would assume something like that would be immediately mentioned.

Usually, hotfix updates happen quite fast, sometimes a couple of days later, sometimes a week but this time it's taking a long time.. Most hotfixes in recent past were always about 1 or 2 problems but there's a whole lot more broken than just the Polyphony thing since 2.8, more than 10 issues at least, not that that's an excuse but I think they want to release an update with the maximum possible fixes all at once + (possibly) a few new features.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. CakeAlexS

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. D-One

Are you a gambling man? Wanna bet? I am down... 50$? :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. CakeAlexS

Let me ask Skins first..

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. D-One

In that case, let's make it 5000$ (since he's rather optimistic.)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Oh, ...so you don't have the full price version that is working perfectly ? :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

2.8.3 is in my pocket sorry - and my wife put it with my jeans in the washing machine....

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

I think people given up 2.83 why not 2.9 with something to say worth the wait.. until then people just live with it..

For some reason i cannot read germany so can't edit my post.... Akai is coming out with there update in July so I'm sure maschine update will follow

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2019
  11. Andels

Andels NI Product Owner

Oh no, with NI you can't be sure about anything...

12. D-One

Please get a divorce to make sure that doesn't happen again, thanks.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

The true thing is that it is very frustrating for anyone to have a working product that is then broken and not working properly...not so hard to understand.... Sure if they keep doing so it is not going to work in the long run...and new potential customer will be aware of it quickly enough and will go for more stable, reliable and professional solutions

14. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

no i can´t - without her im just a half person - so we have to take it as it comes from native, no matter what´s the name of the version
    - sorry my friends

Uwe

• Like Like x 2
  15. D-One

In this regard, I love how Ableton, for example, has an Open Beta, literally hundreds of bugs get caught before release, users can choose if they want the latest soft gen with the latest bugfixes at the cost of possibly having new issues, if the new issues are major one can just get back to the stable version... NI Threating the whole user base as beta testers with the supposedly stable version without giving them a choice is a big mistake, I guess the rush to get sounds.com up and running is to blame as it was never this bad as far as I remember.

• Like Like x 3
  16. affinia

affinia NI Product Owner

It almost seems that the current Maschine development focuses on regression instead of progression

17. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

from my view there has to change a lot with the updates, but now sounds.com is ready and i hope they can concentrate on maschine\komplete kontrol
    just a little hope from my side

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 2
  19. Kai @ NI

Kai @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey folks.
    Just chiming in. Blindeddie is right, the polyphony issue should be fixed in 2.8.3.
    We cool? ;)

• Like Like x 3
  20. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Yessss - absolutely

• Like Like x 1