Hotfix urgency (where's 2.8.3???)

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Bagoftrix, Jun 19, 2019.

1. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

CakeAlexS 16 bugs fixed and 5 additions, where do I send you my PayPal info? I take credit card too.

2. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Oh you want to bet now do you on the next release ? ;)

3. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

16 bug fixes ouch! Can't add anything with that output..

4. CakeAlexS

Apart from MIDI.

5. muitosabao

muitosabao NI Product Owner

ahah you wish it was that easy *cough song layer*

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. certifiedbeatz

I was being a wise ass... with 16 mistakes from there last update how can you add anything.. its funny people here scream for 3.0.. why there will be a ton of bugs and the software still incomplete..

7. scheffkoch

scheffkoch NI Product Owner

...but with a new controller...:D

8. certifiedbeatz

That has been there pattern for several years.. lets make a pretty controller and give them software full of promises and take 10 years 3 features

• Like Like x 1
  9. scheffkoch

scheffkoch NI Product Owner

...agreed...

10. CakeAlexS

Big mistake that's my job...

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. certifiedbeatz

I'll fill in on your days off

• Like Like x 1
  12. Stormchild

Stormchild NI Product Owner

If you mean introducing new regressions, yes, that certainly seems to be the case. The screens on my Maschine mk3 are now completely blank in Logic. The mixer view had some issues before the update, and technically those are gone now (since the entire mixer view is gone)…I guess that counts as a kind of progress.

13. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

I just updated all my hardware and software. If it's not broke don't fix it, but I hope this reboot does it. I just installed it on a new system, and I have been playing with it for about a week now. After the update I noticed that now when I select group 1, the patterns for it show up in group 2. I'm also having trouble selecting between the groups with the mouse, but not the hardware.
    I didn't reboot it after the update, so I should know better. I thought it was odd, but it does sound like possibly a cache issue that needs cleaned up.

Edit: So it was a test track I was working on and it seems to work, but it did actually load up in group 2. I had Maschine open when I was updating it in Native Access and the update failed. I closed Maschine and then I ran the update again successfully. I just think I should have rebooted it after the update, but I'll post a bug report if the problem persist.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Stormchild

Update: I got this sorted out. Details here:
    Fix for blank screens on Maschine mk3 in Logic 10.4.5

15. lwj|localspace

lwj|localspace NI Product Owner

Existing customers as well.
    I just can't have that. The drumsynth bug did it for me.
    I can't afford to wait for fixes and then hope/pray it'll work out, doesn't break anything further, etc.. I can't afford to 'play around with the new version'.
    I can't afford to wait for really basic things like PDC, VST3, decent automation... while NI is clearly more interested in working on Sounds.com and other things I have zero use for, clearly has budget for extensive marketing campaigns with "influencers" (use that Jim Sterling voice when he says 'tripleAAA') and the like, has the capacity to launch new products left and right... it's not a lack of money, capacity or talent. I don't know what it is, I can't see it being a huge succes for them.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Chilled

Chilled NI Product Owner

Agreed. Listen to most popular picks at Sounds.com. Totally amateur and cheesy IMHO. Not for any mature artist.

17. lwj|localspace

lwj|localspace NI Product Owner

That’s just your taste. Or ego or whatever.

It’s not about bashing sounds.com. As far as I can tell the quality is up there.

I’m fine not using it and I don’t expect NI to cater to just me and my whims. It’s just an example of a service I don’t care about that clearly takes priority over features I do care about, like the ones I mentioned... which isn’t even anything fancy like a song layer or overhaul of anything. Just the ability to draw a curve, just a simple track delay that sets itself according to what plugins report. It’s simple stuff.

So clearly takes priority that it’s apparently worth it to break existing functionality just to cram it in? Wow. Anybody that uses this in some kind of professional capacity is looking for the exit now.

Not mad, just sad, kind of baffled and sincerely hoping they’re able to turn this around. But you can’t expect your customers to just sit and wait for it just because they wish you well, you know?

• Like Like x 1
  18. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

+10000000

19. Stormchild

This is high up on my list. When I use external MIDI gear alongside plugins, they are out of sync and there's no way to fix it. External devices controlled by their own sequencers that sync to MIDI Clock are fine, because Maschine has a "Clock Offset" setting that lets me get them perfectly in sync (I set it to the same value as the latency reported in Maschine's Audio settings, which makes me think it could do this automatically). But if I record MIDI into Maschine and play it back to external devices, the audio comes back late. I can't say for sure, but it might be enough to just apply the same "Clock Offset" value to outbound MIDI events.

I don't have this problem when I use my external devices with Logic or Ableton Live. Maschine is the only software that has no way to correct the timing of MIDI events relative to plugins, which means all my hardware synths can only be used with Maschine if I do all the sequencing on the device, which doesn't really work with Maschine's concept of patterns and scenes.

Not sure if that's the same thing you were asking for, but it's at least in the same category of "boring fixes that improve usability".

20. Eridon

Eridon New Member

I know dat feel bro ...

Im using a Circuit and a Monostation as external gear for most of my stuff
    For people who don’t know : they are like groovebox/synthetiser with they own sequencer

It was a NIGHTMARE to make them sync only with Maschine , either in Input or Output , finally , I kinda found a solution ...
    Using them in Ableton with Maschine as a VST : problem solved

Don’t get me wrong , there is also some « Pro » DAW here , where it is also really hard to sync external hardware (I’m looking at you Fl Studio >_<) but this kind of little « bug » that could improve the workflow of everyone if it was corrected ... it kind of disappoint me a bit that Machine still lacking this possibility (especially for his sole purpose ...)