1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

How can I install 2 different versions of Kontakt ?

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by 2ndMOUSE, Sep 21, 2020.

1. 2ndMOUSE

2ndMOUSE NI Product Owner

I just loaded in an older track, and FL studio told me it couldn't find kontakt 4 and Battery 3.
    I've had these installed before as I have the boxed version of Komplete 10, but Native access has only installed Battery 4, and the latest Kontakt which doesn't even seem to have a number anymore, but I think if the number convention were still running, it would be kontakt 6.

For some reason, these new versions don't seem to be backwards compatible, which leaves me with the dilemma of how to have both battery 3 and 4, and also kontakt 4 and the new one, all running on the same machine ?

Is this possible, to have them running side by side, or will installing older versions overwrite the new versions ?

I know that when I got komplete 10, I started with battery 3 and kontakt 4, and then upgraded to Komplete 12 and all the versions were running together, but I dont know if that only applies to when you have the older versions installed first. Very confusing.

Hope someone can help me out so I can get my tracks loaded.

2. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

If you started with komplete 10 do you have any install DVDs? Then you could try to install from them and then all the other stuff via native access. But I don't know if this will work.

If you know the patches you used you can manually open Kontakt 6 and open the patch. If this works with battery too I don't know, I guess it depends of course if there are the same patches available.

Ohh I found this: https://support.native-instruments....Where-Can-I-Download-the-BATTERY-3-Installer-

https://support.native-instruments....360005277837-Kontakt-4-download-please-en-us-
    Hope it helps a bit

Uwe