1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

How do I disable the auto sync function?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by DJ Wynston Garte, Aug 6, 2014.

1. DJ Wynston Garte

DJ Wynston Garte New Member

Am I the only one who sometimes forget to turn SYNC off when switching tempo (music genre) in a set, resulting in a tempo disaster? I know you know what I'm talking about... How in the hell do I turn off the auto sync function in the latest version of Traktor??? I'm talking about the function where Traktor automatically syncs to the master deck (the deck that is playing at the moment) when you load a new track into another deck.

There used to be an option where one could choose in "preferences" wether or not you wanted Traktor to "remember" the previous SYNC-state (on or off) when loading new tracks. Now I can't find that option.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. tmccoy

tmccoy Forum Member

I do know what you are talking about :)

You could try the Reset all deck controls when loading a track option under the Loading Preferences. Although I think this is more of an issue relating to your workflow where you aren't previewing tracks to confirm beats are matched - or what about disabling AUTO mode in the Global Master Clock to stop the MASTER source swapping between active decks?

Screen Shot 2014-08-06 at 4.07.19 pm.png

3. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

huh? if you dont want to use sync, jut put it off? i do tempo changes in my sets too and i have always everything synced to the master clock, so if there is a tempo change, i have to put that off manually. and if i forget it... i mean, hey, dont you prelisten your tracks before playing? *irritated*

4. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

I don't think I ever play a track without:
    A. Prelistening
    B. Checking the settings on the UI

...but the option to remember the last sync state would not help cus surely if the last sync state was 'on' then the next loaded track would be synced. This does help if you want sync off on loading.

5. DJ Wynston Garte

Hey guys! Thanks for your replys, I guess... I've been dj'ing for almost 20 years with everything from vinyl, via cdj's to Traktor DVS to Traktor with controllers (for the last seven years), so I think my workflow is pretty good, thank you. Yes off course I pre listen my tracks and check the settings in the UI. I'm not an idiot. But I'm human, and sometimes I forget things in the heat of the moment. Like when the dance floor is steaming, your adrenaline level is sky-high and you're pretty much in the zone. You know, that feeling when everything is going great and you know exactly what to play next. So, you load the deck with the next track, then change your mind at the last second and load another track, get distracted by some chick or a friend or whatever (happens), press play (drop mix) and a split second too late realize that sync is on...

It doesn't happen often, but when it does it truly sucks. So, why is there no way to turn off this "remember sync-state functionality" anymore? Or is there? That's what I'd like to know...

I want to manually HAVE to press the sync button EVERY TIME I load a new track.

And no, Reset all deck controls when loading a track does not help. Neither does turning off auto in the master clock section.

6. DJ Freshfluke

if you synced tracks before, the sync is on.
    if you throw a vinyl in and the deck's still on +8 it's your turn to correct that before or while the track is running. the turntable does also not have a remember-zero-state-functionality ;)
    with sync it's the same thing in the digital world.

7. DJ Wynston Garte

Well, Freshfluke, you're missing the point. It seems you all are actually. This thread is not about me being a good or bad dj or about stating the obvious. I would simply like to know if someone out there knows how to disable the autosync/auto remember function. It was optional in previous versions of Traktor. You had to go into settings > track deck > and select "remember sync state".

• Like Like x 1
  8. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

My solution to this is as follows. Turn off sync on every deck. When you load a track and want it sync'd you double-tap sync while the deck is playing which makes it sync then turns it off while retaining the BPM.

When you hit Cue or a Hot Cue the BPM is still the same as the track you're mixing into, and if you use Quantise then your Hot Cues still stay in sync while the track keeps playing.

It's basically a quick way to get the tracks at the same BPM then I can manually drop them and nudge forward or back if my grids are out. And on those tracks with BPM changes (transition tracks), I make sure I've set the load cue point at the right point and manually set my pitch slider and drop the track. And because sync is always off when I load tracks I don't have the issues you're having **in the heat of the moment** :)

9. DJ Freshfluke

i cant remember the preference "remember sync state". in what version was that?

10. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

The only difference to the current Sync state I can remember is that it was default to 'Hold' rather than trigger when using a controller.

I'd have to fire up and older machine to look at T3, T1 or earlier *yikes*.

11. Booker

Booker NI Product Owner

I'm with you Wynston and I understand exactly what functionality you need since I found this thread looking for the same option in Traktor.

The "answers" you received are not helping either.

Since in Serato this it's exactly the behavior you get with the option: "Maintain Sync on Track Load", it does exactly that (keep sync ON if enabled, turn sync OFF if disabled, needing you to engage it manually for each track, which it's the desired effect). I include a screen shot of the option.

I don't understand what the option in Traktor: "Reset all deck controls on load" does, since it would be understood it does the same as in Serato, but it does not. I wonder what exactly it "Resets" on the deck, since it seems to change nothing regardless of the selection.

Attached Files: