1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

How do I get downloads to come by horse or faster

Discussion in 'NATIVE ACCESS' started by teunis, Apr 10, 2020.

1. teunis

teunis New Member

I seem to be forever waiting for a download to do much at all. Surely NI are aware their download process is hopeless but maybe the don’t have enough speed to actually read the comments.

2. teunis

teunis New Member

Well I cannot get any satisfaction trying to contact a help centre. Are NI so ashamed of the service they deliver that they don’t want paying customers to contact them. At the rate this product is downloading it will be outdated before the download finishes. This really is not good enough.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Don't install in parallel. It needs more time.

4. teunis

teunis New Member

Thanks for your reply but I’m only installing one thing at a time. However at this rate the Kontakt Factory Library will take somewhere between 4 days to a week depending on how often it goes into failure. I am not even using the PC just trying to download the library. On my link I’ve downloaded 100GB download from other suppliers in a few hours. I have a reasonably high speed WAN. Looking at the WEB my complaint is extremely common and a fix never seems to be posted.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DJSOLO

DJSOLO NI Product Owner

Been trying to download Traktor for 3 days now. Just says waiting....... What BS!!!!! I paid money for software I can't download!! WTF? Just give a download link to the installer!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  6. Simchris

Simchris NI Product Owner

A lot of internet systems are overloaded due to pandemic. My netflix is running at low bitrate, many sites i go to lately do not even load....issue is both the pipes and the CDNs being overloaded. Only option is to try different times, use wired vs wifi connection, disable background stuff like icloud, etc. hang in there.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. teunis

teunis New Member

Sim Chris I doubt very much that this was the issue. I’ve experienced the same issue in the past.

However, after the first couple of hours and getting very little and very many dropouts for some obscure reason very early this morning (my time) everything downloaded. The other bits are now downloading not that I would call it quickly is is very much faster and has stopped dropping out.

Tony

8. DJSOLO

DJSOLO NI Product Owner

Those are just excuses. Are you telling me that just because of a pandemic everyone at home all decided to go online and purchase NI software and "overload" everything at NI? I have 500Mb connection and I'm hardwired to the network. I haven't had this problem with any other service. This is a NI issue with not having the proper infrastructure to handle what is needed. I'm guessing their servers are on dialup because last night My download started and I managed to get 6Mb out of 770Mb. NOT GOOD!!! Oh, and My netflix is streaming in 4K and I've downloaded around 300Gb of data in the last 48 hours.

• Like Like x 1
  9. EricTrue

EricTrue New Member

I'm sorry, but while that may be true, I don't think that's the case here. Really, what's the point of the hard drive if I'm downloading everything anyway? It's a waste of money. When I say I'm downloading everything, I mean EVERYTHING! This is ridiculous. And support is online to chat for only 3 hours a day lol. WHO DOES THAT?!

10. Simchris

Yep, choose time when server not overloaded. Not everything on hard drive is downloaded if launching the installer on the drive. Chat is limited hours because of pandemic ... most companies around the world impacted by employees dying or working at home. WHO DOESNT KNOW THAT.

11. Simchris

so, post your traceroute from your ip/isp to the NI server to see where the breakdown is from all the hops. Welcome to the internet. There is no direct connection from your house to server. Grow up.

12. EricTrue

EricTrue New Member

Cool. Thanks for clearing that up for me

13. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI Support Team NI Team

Hey Eric,
    Just to clarify but live chat is available 6 hours a day (+ 2 hours for Japanese customers). However, if you have issues with downloading or native access, you would need to use our email form here: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002705378

14. EricTrue

EricTrue New Member

15. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

I can't see a pic

16. EricTrue

EricTrue New Member

Yea, my apologies, it's a screen shot of the business hours for NI chat.

I went through all types a sh!t trying to fix that, but it's just to my point as far as all that I've gone through with this in general. I tried three or four times to attach a usable image. Everything I do with NI ends up being a chore.

They said they're open for 6 hours a day, but on my side I only see three.

I left the link, but unfortunately, you'll have to copy and paste in the browser your self.

https://i61.photobucket.com/albums/...Shot 2020-04-14 at 9.41.24 AM_zpsgl6dhjx5.png

17. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

its 3 hours 1pm-4pm(PST) and three hours 1pm to 4pm(CET) so technically 6 hours, you would need to do the math for your time zone to pick the most convenient times for you.

Peace,

Blindeddie

18. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI Support Team NI Team

As you can see it's three hours in two different time zones so it's a total of 6 hours and it doesn't even include the additional time we have with our office in Tokyo as well. I'm not sure where you are located but hopefully this allows you to reach out to us at some point.

19. Stormchild

Stormchild NI Product Owner

This is not a concern. No matter how many things you try to install at once, Native Access will download and install them one at a time.

• Informative Informative x 1