How do I get Pop Bass to not play hard on low velocities?

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by e-snobben, Sep 10, 2017.

1. e-snobben

e-snobben Forum Member

Pop Bass plays hard randomly regardless of what velocity I use. I don't want that, I only want soft notes. And I want to control what sound (velocity related) I get on a specific note. How do I do that? At the moment it sounds like a bad bassist.

Also, in the mapping editor there seems to be only one velocity sample per zone although there are several. At least that's what it sounds like. Something has changed with these new instruments. It's not possible to see which velocity sample is being played, or is it?

Skärmavbild 2017-09-10 kl. 20.04.03.png

2. David Das

David Das Moderator Moderator

It's likely the script must be doing something to manage the velocity layers then. That will make it harder for you to reverse-engineer it.

It might be easier to use your DAW's features to put a MIDI filter or plug-in on that track, which restricts your playing to only the lowest velocities.

3. e-snobben

e-snobben Forum Member

I've tried bypassing everything in the Script Editor without result. :(

Then, what I meant was this. Low velocity notes can sound as if they are struck either hard or softly. Likewise high velocity notes can sound as if they are struck either hard or softly. There is no way to control the timbre by playing notes at a certain velocity. The timbre changes randomly, no matter how low or high the velocity is.

And this is strange too. The first screenshot was from my DAW. This screenshot is from Kontakt 5 as standalone. Notice the difference in the mapping editor. The same instrument seems to have individual samples on almost every key, compared to the plug-in version which seems less divided in this regard.

Skärmavbild 2017-09-12 kl. 18.23.17.png

4. e-snobben

e-snobben Forum Member

I found a solution. This filter was bypassed so I activated it and saved it as a snapshot. Now it sounds like I want it to sound. :)

Skärmavbild 2017-09-12 kl. 22.05.26.png