1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

how do i get the send effects to work?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by djfernandadiaz, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djfernandadiaz

djfernandadiaz New Member

hi there, just got my traktor scratch yesterday and cant make the send effects to work....do i need another channel in my mixer? do i need to connect more cables than the ones given with the traktor scratch? could somebody explain how i can get the effects working for me? THANKS!

2. BDX

BDX Moderator

Yes, you need at least a 3rd channel, better a 4th, too.

If you only have a 3rd channel, you have du connect the output 5/6 with the line-in of the 3rd channel in your mixer and than activate the FX-mix-mode in the preferences of Traktor Scratch.

If you have a 4th channel, too, you don't need the FX-mix-mode. You only have to connect the output 7/8 with the line-in of the 4th channel in your mixer.

If this is not enough, take a look in your manual.

3. DJRAJ

DJRAJ NI Product Owner

EWWW so that's how we get the TS Effects to work! I totally liked they way effects ran in T3 better! This is a Pain in the ass!

4. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

This also depends on your mixer.

If you have send/receive channels on you can use this config.

Run the effects send to In 5/6 (In C) then connect Out 5/6 to the effects return on your mixer.

Then you can use one Effects Panel, set the source to In C and this will input the send from your mixer through the effects to Out 5/6 back to your mixer.

If your mixer has a Dry/Wet control then you can control the amount of effects come through on whichever channel you are using effects with.

This is how I do it with the Rane TTM-56 and it works much better this way.

5. Sinjintek

Sinjintek NI Product Owner

*sigh*

makes me wish i hadn't loaned my Tascam to my baby sis...my 07 doesn't have effect sends. but for now i have the effects routed in through the session input. it's not perfect, but at least i can get somewhat familiar with the effects.

not quite sure how else people would like the effects path to be, but for those of us who desire post fader effect TS uses the best routing option (to satisfy everyone).

6. yagru

yagru Forum Member

I really dont understand why we dont have the option to apply the effects to the original signal. My guess is that this is one way they want to get people to upgrade to Traktor.. which is total bullsht if that is the case. Why do we have special cables to make things easier, but then require us to add even more cables if we want to use the effects (which are listed as a product feature)..makes no sense.

7. dj mutley

dj mutley NI Product Owner

its my understanding that traktor upgrade will be free...if you have traktor3 now

8. dbsoundz

dbsoundz NI Product Owner

thats damn good....

i have an ecler nuo5 with 5 channels and en internal effect bank. i set it up that way:

channel 1: deck a
    channel 2: deck a effects
    channel 3: deck b
    channel 4: deck b effects
    channel 5: -

now it is possible to use the ecler effect bank ontop deck 2 or 3, which are the send effects of TS... great... that's really funny :D
    damn, am i happy that i bought such an mixer :cool:

9. djquartz

This has been stated in other posts but I will clarify again.

Traktor 3.2.x supports effects being used as inserts instead of sends.

Traktor Scratch only supports effects as sends.

Traktor 3.3 will support effects as sends or inserts.

10. DJRAJ

DJRAJ NI Product Owner

I am sooo Ready for the Traktor 3.3 update! is there an ETA on the release?

11. society

society NI Product Owner

Args i hate my mixer (stanton m304)... i got send in and return in BUT.....

Each Input got a big separate input for the right and the left.
    When i all connect... i hear both... the sound and the effect.... hmmz

Maybe some know what i can do? I got on each channel a fx loop button... this work but i want the original sound put off when i click the button....
    Maybe someone know what i mean ;-)

my bad bad bad english i know

12. supermows

supermows New Member

Hola Fernanda, que gracia verte por aqui, soy Diego, el amigo de Isidro... espero que te vaya bien, yo tambien me he comprado el TS! Nos vemos en el prao!

13. yagru

yagru Forum Member

society.. i am having the same problem.. no one can answer

14. djquartz

I will explain my current effects routing again.

Mixer - Effects Send (L&R) --------> A8, In 5/6 (Line Input Mode)
    :
    Effects Return (L&R) <-------------- A8, Out 5/6

The only time I get effects on a channel is if I have FlexFX turned on and have any TS effect enabled.

If the TS effects are not turned on and I enable FlexFX nothing happens. You will hear a slight drop in volume depending on where the Dry/Wet adjustment slider is positioned.

15. yagru

yagru Forum Member

yeah but that doesnt help as we are trying to get it so that there is just effects when they are on and the original sound when they are off.. not both

16. djquartz

That's what I'm talking about when I have the effects off that's exactly what it is, no effects.

When I enable the effects that's the only time I get any effects on the original sound.

If the sound is doubling up, something is hooked up wrong.

The other thing you need to remember is the when FlexFX is on, that is the only time audio will be sent to TS to be processed.

Whatever audio is returned is controlled by the Dry/Wet control.

So for instance if I used the Beatmasher effect, that outputs constant audio when enabled. So I have to control the mix with the original signal using the dry/wet control. TS has nothing to do with that part. It's how the mixer's effects routing works.

17. djfernandadiaz

djfernandadiaz New Member

thanks....do u know when traktor 3.3 comes out? if i am a registered user of traktor 3, do i get a free upgrade? I HOPE SO!

18. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

no and yes.

19. yagru

yagru Forum Member

I understand the hookup, but there is no way to just press effects on and get the effects to affect the signal and then press of and have the original signal because TS does not continue to send the signal once the effect has been pressed off. This makes it so now you have to control all effect mixing through the wet dry which means at some point in the fade you are getting doubling. And if you leave the flex in the middle between wet and dry then you are getting doubling of both.

All of this is unnecessary when the simple question is why cant we use the effects on the internal signal? What is (N.I.s) the problem with us doing that?$?$?$? It seems like they want to force us to purchase an upgrade to full on TS which I have no interest in doing, which is why ill be dropping this product soon.. im just waiting to see what some updates might offer.

You would think that on a system designed for live performance, quick setup use, that you would not be then forced to setup additional cabling and routing to get these features going.

20. djquartz

@ Yagru

I don't understand your arguement. TS offers send effects period.

Just as SSL does NOT support effects unless you use a 57SL. So what is the problem?

FS 1&2 never had effects until Traktor in the first place.

Traktor will cost you $99 if you need to have inserts.

SSL does not have built-in effects, the 57SL has onboard DSP which provides effects and that will run you $1400+.

Also, if you purchased an external effects machine, you will spend at mimimum $120+ possibly.

I've used an Alesis NANO box previously with the 56 and it works the same way.

So you have to leave the effect mode on and control it will the wet/dry fader and/or FlexFX switch.

This applies to TS or external effects units.

What effect is it that you're trying to achieve exactly?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.