1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

how do i get the send effects to work?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by djfernandadiaz, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinjintek

Sinjintek NI Product Owner

because effecting the internal signal doesn't work for those who want to apply their effects to scratching techniques...it makes sense that TS would be configured in this manner, hence the name Traktor SCRATCH.

what is the actual problem? are you just using a cheap mixer that doesn't allow you to route the effects path at all? my PMC-07 doesn't have effects sends..but i can still route the effects through an auxiliary input. that's not very different from the end result of effecting the "internal signal".

2. yagru

yagru Forum Member

This is not true because with external effects you can route the main output through it.. or/also external effect units continue to send the DRY signal when the effect is turned off. At least this is how the pioneers work. TS does not do this.

Im not comparing this to SSL in this aspect so doing a comparisson is unneccesary. This is actually one of the reasons I bought TS to try was the effects, only to dissapointingly learn their limitted implimentation.

No one has answered my questions. 1) Why cant NI give us the option to effect the internal signal? What is the problem with that? Like I said, if its in purpose to get us to upgrade to Traktor then thats complete B.$. 2) Why with a system that is suppose to consolidate cabling, that we are then forced to use additional cabling for effects?

makes no sense

3. skratchworx

skratchworx Forum Member

There's a problem with effecting audio internally. If you apply effects inside of TS, this means the audio is changed pre-fader meaning that effects such as delay and reverb would be clipped and pretty much useless. The signal has to be routed out and then back for the effects to work as they should.

4. tyrantyan

tyrantyan Forum Member

hola fer... si hay dos canales en la mezcladora proba mandarlos por el microfono, siempre y cuando tengas interruptor para ello. Y sino espera el 3.3 y rogale a dios que los efectos sean insert y no send/return como ahora. saludos. uva.

5. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

@ Skratchworx

That is a very good point you made there. Not to mention since the audio is processed internally you would only process effects on what the deck is doing at that time.

So you won't get the true effect on a scratch, etc. I didn't realize what difference send effects made until I started testing TS.

6. djmook

djmook NI Product Owner

yagru: you are not understanding the difference between send and insert effects and the purpose of them.

It seems that you are used to programs that use insert effects but allow a simulation of send effects by controlling wet/dry mix.

Insert effects directly affect the sound they are applied to. Usually limited to effects like compression, EQ, filters, distortion. Inserts are meant for affecting the nature of the sound you are working with.

Send effects only affect a copy of the the sound they are applied to and then mixed back in. Usually limited to time based effects like reverb & delay. Send effects are not meant for affecting the nature of the sound but rather the placement of the sound (the appearance of distance from the sound- delay, or the type of room it is heard in - reverb).

7. djmook

djmook NI Product Owner

I think you are confusing the issue of audio affected internally with the difference between send and inserts. Audio can still be routed to internal send effects. People do it all the time with software sequencers.

8. yagru

yagru Forum Member

Mook I understand the use of effects. There is still no reason why I couldnt use them internally and infact traktor will offer that option. Oh well, sorry about the lenghty discussion, it doesnt matter at this point anyway as im in the process of getting rid of it.

9. ferrispark

ferrispark New Member

I was afraid of this. I have a trusty old Vestax PMC-25 that I love, wouldn't trade it for the world. This does leave me in a rather stinko situation. I only have two channels and no send fxs. I quess I will just have to pray that the upgrade for Traktor 3 allows you to use fx as both inserts and sends. It would be great if I could use the filters as Insert fx and assign the send fxs to the original source. If NI wants to make the ultimate DJ rig "in the box" they should set up Traktor Studio 3 this way. EQ,s, multiple FXs, HP & LP Filters, Frequency kills, and looping. Wow!

10. djquartz

In the next update you will be able to use the effects as inserts.

11. ferrispark

ferrispark New Member

Thanks DJ Quartz! That is truly good news.

12. neurobiotic

neurobiotic New Member

Hi there
    I'm new in this forum and would need help to set up the send effects of my traktor scratch.
    I got traktor scratch (perfectly working, thanx native instruments for such a great piece of software/hardware) and an allen & heath xone 92 mixer.
    I tried connecting out 5/6 of the 8 dj to the return 1/2 of the mixer and the in 5/6 of the 8 dj to the send 1/2 of the allen & heath, selected in c/a and in c/b on the send effects panel in scratch but it doesn't seem to work. Can anyone help?
    Thanx

Edoardo

13. djquartz

Make sure to turn the effects on in TS and set the AMT setting to 100%. Also check the wet/dry adjustment for the effects on your mixer.

14. neurobiotic

neurobiotic New Member

Hi quartz
    thanx for your answer, found the problem, it was on the mixer... Just got it as well and still not familiar...
    Thanx again, hope I won't need your assistance again!

15. djquartz

No problem, that's what the forum is for my friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.