1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

[How do i set up traktor 3 + hercules dj console rmx?]

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by xces2kill, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xces2kill

xces2kill New Member

Im a noob sorry =[.
    Just got a the hercules dj console rmx. hookd it up to the computer and speakers.
    running it well with the virtual dj that came with it.

traktor however doesnt seem to be reading it.
    it recognizes it cuz it shows up in the preferences > audio setup > sound card > as "DS Hercules DJ Console RMX"

buttons dont work tho, help plz.

2. listenupza

listenupza New Member

3. listenupza

listenupza New Member

you are almost there! - you need to load the midi maps...this basically tells traktor what to do when you push certain buttons on your rmx console...

go here:

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=2&fid=28&pid=215&cid=5

download the pc/mac instructions under the "Traktor DJ 3 Midi Preset" this will tell you to download the .tks file (midi maps) and then load them into traktor and you are away!

you will be sorted after following these steps...

enjoy

4. xces2kill

xces2kill New Member

sweet ! thanx got it working.
    ! :D

5. njmiller31

njmiller31 New Member

I am having having the same problem he was.

I have:
    Sound
    Lights on Rmx
    Updated Traktor 3
    Updated Rmx Drivers
    Updated and installed tks file

I don't have:
    any control over Traktor 3 from the Rmx console. Basically "dem damn buttons don't work"

Any advice?

6. alepeinador

alepeinador NI Product Owner

Sounds like you just have to "activate it" in Traktor:

go to Preferences... Hot Key and Midi Setup... Midi Interfaces... and check both boxes left of the "Hercules RMX" option.

These activate MIDI IN and MIDI OUT to the Hercules or any other MIDI interface.

People who's Hercules works as expected but no lights work usually have the first one checked but not the second one.

7. aviray

aviray Forum Member

Thanks , I was hopelessly trying to find that on their website.
    because I am thinking of getting the Steel model. Seems like RMX may work better then what I tried till now-Novation SL, MPD32, Faderfoxes LV2/LX2 - all great but actually build for other purposes. .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.