How do you retrigger samples?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by ohryan, Feb 5, 2019.

1. ohryan

ohryan New Member

I just used the sampler for the first time, got some audio, went to the slice method, applied it (3 slices) mapped to my Group E, 1st pad.

A) How do I get each slice mapped to a pad instead of having all three in one pad and having to go to the keyboard page to use them. Currently I have to select 'keyboard' and then the first three pads are where my slices got pasted.

B) When I hit the pad in Keyboard mode, it play until it ends. How do I have it retrigger on every pad press? I don't want to put an ADSR on it and have to hold it down. Looking to press it once, let it play out, and interrupt it with another press (the same sound).

Thank you!

2. StarSMASH

StarSMASH NI Product Owner

i'm not near my maschine, but i'll try to help.

A. you'd have to use the duplicate function in pad mode to duplicate the sound then go into the sampler window for each pad to set the parameter

B. Leave it on "One Shot" instead of "ADSR"

hope this helps.

3. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Don't apply the slices to a PAD or they will be all in a single PAD accessible thru Keyboard Mode.
    Just press a new Group (or the same) and click Apply, every slice will be in a different Pad.

4. ohryan

ohryan New Member

didn't even think about duplicating, thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  5. ohryan

ohryan New Member

Sweet, thanks for that advice. I'll try it out when I get home.

6. ohryan

ohryan New Member

Okay, so now I have all the slices patched to their own pad. But when I press the same pad multiple times it won't choke off the previously play. How do I accomplish this?

7. RudeGullit

RudeGullit NI Product Owner

Set polyphony to 1. Standard it is 8 in the sampler.

• Informative Informative x 1