How is Marco Carola doing this on the F1?

Discussion in 'KONTROL F1' started by Schufferto, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Schufferto

Schufferto New Member

2. -Yul-

-Yul- NI Product Owner

Do what?

3. Stevan

Stevan NI Product Owner

4. Schufferto

Schufferto New Member

Sampling in that vocal from the running track on deck D with a delay or something.

5. Schufferto

Schufferto New Member

Thanks man!! And that's how he is doing it? Do you have this mapping for download?

6. Stevan

Stevan NI Product Owner

I believe this is pretty close to how he uses his F1 (I analyzed videos of him for many times)
    Please submit your mapping request here if interested: http://traktormappingservice.com

7. Schufferto

Schufferto New Member

sent you a message

• Like Like x 1
  8. -Yul-

-Yul- NI Product Owner

What you're looking for is part of the native function(s) of the F1, you don't need another mapping for what you see on the video.

9. Stevan

Stevan NI Product Owner

Maybe in a parallel universe :) Not in this one though.

10. -Yul-

-Yul- NI Product Owner

You mean, what , playing a sample like he does on the video?
    Your mapping as cool and fun it may be doesn't really relate to the original post and question.

11. Schufferto

Schufferto New Member

Can you explain how he does that? Thanks!

12. -Yul-

-Yul- NI Product Owner

You mean playing the sample like that?
    Either he takes it right from the track, so the remix deck capture source is set to that track and he just presses an empty slot so a loop is created directly and then he plays it (and cuts down the track deck) Or he can have recorded it to the loop recorder and then transfer it to the slot or it can even has been prepared in advance.

As for playing, your cell/slot and the remix decks have options you need to study and get your head around those because the behaviour of the sample can be different depending on those settings. But here really it's just playing the sample probably with a 1/4 quantize rate so he can rapid fire it.
    Then there's an delay behind it.

But to be fair to you your question puts me a bit off as I'm not sure how specific you want the answer to be for something which seems a base feature of the remix decks (not condescending here, getting your head around sync (deck)/sync (slot)/quantize and its internal timeline of the deck, punch mode, type of slot, type of behaviour, etc... can be difficult).

Well may be I'm wrong, it's difficult to say I don't even see clearly the decks in the video but there's no great magic or a additional mapping needed really. Please note that Stewe is right, M Carola uses a modified mapping but just not at that point in the video (I think).

Anyway remix decks are great (to a point, they would really need some improvements) and Stewe can answer any specific mapping need you have. It's a nice parallel world.