1. COMPETITION TIME!
    Create a techno loop, share it with NI and be in with a chance of winning a copy of sample tracking synth FORM and having Lady Starlight use your loop as the basis for an improv performance at legendary Berlin techno club Tresor.

To enter, simply share your self-produced techno loops in the comments of this NI Facebook post.

Lady Starlight will pick the grand winner and five runner-up loops with the most Facebook comment likes will also bag a copy of sample-tracking synth FORM. The performance will be part of Native Sessions on June 1st.

To enter, simply post a SoundCloud link to your one-minute long techno loop in the comments by May 25th. Winners will be announced in the comments on the 26th.

Enter here!

Terms and conditions here: www.native-instruments.com/infiniteloopstermsandconditions

How long can samples be in iMaschine?

Discussion in 'iMaschine' started by tkaitkai, May 9, 2012.

1. tkaitkai

tkaitkai New Member

This might be a naive question, but I just wanted to clarify before I purchase iMaschine! Haha.

I'm looking to run a live click with samples lined up to it, and I'd love to be able to use iMaschine as a solution. Essentially, I'd be loading WAVs up five to six minutes long, with a click panned hard left (routed only to my drummer) and samples panned hard right (routed to the house and stage monitors). The routing is achieved through a channel splitter. The reason iMaschine is appealing is because I'd also like to assign shorter samples to different pads that I can hit at random throughout our live set as a kind of "novelty."

Would I be able to assign five minute WAVs to iMaschine pads, or is this just wishful thinking?

Thanks guys! :)

2. lowrizzle

lowrizzle Forum Member

What an odd sounding case use. Try it and let us know! I can safely say that long samples get clipped at odd times by repeating samples. It's a strange bug that's persisted through all the updates.

3. tkaitkai

tkaitkai New Member

Yeah, I've read about that happening! I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. Thanks! :)