1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

How many mdi tracks in the arrange window?

Discussion in 'BATTERY' started by xenon20, Oct 16, 2011.

1. xenon20

xenon20 New Member

Hi

I have created a template with 8 seperate midi tracks in the arrange window of Logic 9 which correspond to 8 seperate aux channels in the mixer.

I'm just trying to figure out if there is any advantage/disadvantage between triggering all the cells in battery from one midi track in my arrange window rather than several like I have set up.

Thanks

Xenon

2. sirjoseph

sirjoseph Forum Member

Organization/Space saving would come to mind for an advantage. Its alot easier to have just ONE MIDI track as oppose to eight. You SHOULD be able to take ONE MIDI channel, and route the output of Battery's cell's audio to the separate aux channels. So one MIDI track and 8 audio auxs that correspond to the cells/samples youre using in the one MIDI track.

A disadvantage would be MIDI automation though. If you wanted MIDI automation on JUST your hihats or snares or whatever, youd have to separate it, so you dont affect the other cells/samples. I could be wrong, you may be able to just highlight what notes or "instrument" you want to automate, then just apply the automation. Ill have to check into this...

Hope this helps a little..