How the hell do I change the velocity curve on the mk2?

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by davemacp, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davemacp

davemacp NI Product Owner

I can't change it in the KK software (no hardware tab) and it isn't picked up in the controller editor software. Wat?

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Yeah, not possible just yet.

3. davemacp

@EvilDragon Argh! Thanks for confirming. Any idea on when it will be? I'm having to manipulate the midi with my mouse to increase velocity now, and it's slowwwww.

4. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

You can also try and use 3rd party plugins for velocity curve correction, they do exist... at least as a stopgap measure.

5. HGU

HGU NI Product Owner

This is a most wanted feature as you should not have to adjust the velocity curve in your DAW or in the plugin.
    Currently I have to use my Korg keyboard for more dynamic expressions.
    Otherwise, is the MK2 a really great improvement with much better feel in the keyes.

6. davemacp

I don't think it should even be classed as a feature, it shouldn't have been released without thew ability to control the hardware. Jesus, I have a love / hate relationship with NI sometimes.

7. davemacp

@Tim @ NI Any idea when I will be able to configure my mkll?

8. davemacp

Still waiting.

9. davemacp

Still waiting for some news from NI. If there isn't going to be any way to change velocity curves, I don't want this hardware, so I need to know so as to arrange to send it back.

10. Keir @ NI

Keir @ NI Community, man NI Team

Some news is coming - I'm not able to give any dates or times just yet but it's in the pipeline and the pipe isn't too long in this case :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
  11. davemacp

@Keir @ NI thank you, that's all I needed to know.

12. HGU

HGU NI Product Owner

Great news!

13. Sound22

Sound22 New Member

I just picked up the S61 MK2. I am thrilled with its capabilities. But, I'm very disappointed with the lack of velocity curve selection. Hopefully, this will be remedied soon. EvilDragon, could you please specify a possible plugin to use with the Komplete Kontrol software?

14. Tumulte

Tumulte Member

I top that request. The default velocity curve is not optimal. You need to hit the keys real hard to have a reasonable velocity…

It's quite far from standard synth velocity/real piano. I do understand you had to release the keyboard without all the features… But why THIS velocity ?

Moreover, the keyboard self-noise is pretty loud. My flatmates ain't happy with the fact I have to hammer the keyboard to get anything above 64.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  15. Sound22

Sound22 New Member

OK for now. I've found that within a Reaper track, loading the "JS:MIDI Velocity Control" plugin and then the "Komplete Kontrol" plugin allows adjusting for an acceptable velocity response.

• Like Like x 1
  16. musmus

musmus NI Product Owner

Hm... I do hope this feature will be released very soon (i.e. in next 3 weeks before my money back guarantee runs out).
    It's nearly impossible for me to play notes with velocities higher than around 64. This sucks big time... :mad:

EDIT:
    Oh, I just found out that my test was a little bit unfair. I checked the received velocities while having loaded The Gentlemen. This very instrument has a property for dynamics (default = 0%). As soon as I cranked this property down to minimum at -100% the velocity values seem about "ok" now. So that was PEBKAC, sorry. :D

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  17. davemacp

Just bumping this so prospective buyers are fully aware you still can't edit the velocity curve on the mk2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. henryr1

henryr1 New Member

Wish I'd seen this before purchasing, deal breaker for me

• Like Like x 1
  19. thusis

thusis NI Product Owner

20. davemacp

Keir @ NI Do you have an update on this issue? It's been 5 weeks now and I, and lots of other buyers, still cant use the keyboard with this ridiculous velocity setting.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.