1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

How the hell do I change the velocity curve on the mk2?

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by davemacp, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davemacp

davemacp NI Product Owner

Another 10 days and still nothing.

• Like Like x 2
  2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. henryr1

henryr1 New Member

The coming weeks isn't good enough this is a basic feature and obviously the update is ready just push it out I don't care if there are a few bugs or testing hasn't finished I'd like to be able to actually use my keyboard without getting pissed off at how unsatisfying the velocity curve is to play

4. EvilDragon

The update is not yet ready as even beta testers didn't yet receive it. This is a necessary step - beta testing.

You can definitely change the velocity curve even now by using a 3rd party VST plugin that processes MIDI (like pizmidi). So there's your workaround for the time being.

5. davemacp

davemacp NI Product Owner

I like to make sure that prospective buyers know exactly what they'd be buying, like I wish I would have known :)

Hey EvilDragon, have you heard anything about the controller editor being updated too so we can change the velocity curve in midi mode?

6. EvilDragon

For mkII controllers, you will not need to use Controller Editor any longer. All such tweaks will be done via Komplete Kontrol.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Guido3

Guido3 New Member

My S61 Mk2 arrived last week and is going back today. The velocity settings (or lack of) are a major downside/foresight. If you want to use the keyboard for any kind of serious playing forget it. The black keys play at higher velocities to the white keys particularly the Db above middle C.

Saying an update in on its way is unacceptable. It’s a clear case of rushing something out to market that is unfinished.

This is becoming the norm more and more particularly with software companies. They use buyers as their Beta testers to iron out any issues that have been missed. This should have all been resolved prior to release.

Very disappointing.

8. EvilDragon

Velocity curves are in v1.9.2 which is currently in beta and should be out really soon.

9. Guido3

Guido3 New Member

That’s good to hear but just not good enough.

The most important part of playing any instrument is dynamics.

Where does it stop? NI could of released the S61 Mk2 with it only being able to play velocity at 127. They’d have been a huge uproar. Their response? The fix is currently in Beta and will be available soon.

This is basic stuff we’re discussing. Not a ‘wouldn’t it be nice if....’ type request.

10. arche3

arche3 NI Product Owner

Just return it and stop posting about it. Or use another keyboard until then.

The issues with forums about music technology is getting out of hand. It used to be these forums were populated by people working in the business and was a place to find work around and solve problems. Now it is just hobby music makers complaining all day.

But please carry on with your complaining.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Guido3

Guido3 New Member

The problem with forums these days is people getting personal. My gripe is a valid one. You have no idea who I am or what kind of living I make from my music.

Jog on.........

12. arche3

arche3 NI Product Owner

Not personal. Just trying to find solutions to issues in these forums and a large majority of posts is complaining. The solution is exceedingly simple. Use another keyboard.

So I'm complaining about the complainer. Annoying right?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Guido3

Guido3 New Member

If a large majority of the posts are people complaining, maybe NI should sit up and listen!

Anyway, i’ll get back to polishing my Grammy!!

14. arche3

arche3 NI Product Owner

Keep complaining it's much more relevant to making music. Lol. At least staring at your Grammy doesn't annoy people online.

I didn't know there was a most persistent forum complainers category in the Grammy nominations? Learn something new everyday.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Guido3

Guido3 New Member

Thanks. You’ve been very helpful.

16. arche3

arche3 NI Product Owner

Come on. That was funny.

17. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

No need for useless spam.

As mentioned before, velocity curve changing will be added in the next update, which will come soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.