1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

How to activate a saved loop (hot cue) itself when play position entered?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Simonic, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Simonic

Simonic New Member

In some of my tracks, I have saved a loop as a hot cue. When a track is playing, I have to activate the loop manually, when the play position (red marker) enters the loop-in. When I not press exactly the green hot cue button at the loop-in position, it sounds like a mistake. How can I trigger, that the loop automatically activates, when the play position enters the loop-in?

2. Rob van Erp

Rob van Erp NI Product Owner

If you set the active button(next to the in out button) to on before the loops is reached the loop will activate/engage as soon as its reaches its starting point and continu to play until you deactivate it

3. Simonic

Simonic New Member

@Rob van Erp: Thank you very much for your fast answer. Okay, I have to press 'Active' in the software. I control the software by the Traktor Kontrol 2 S2. How can I do that live by the controller while the track is playing?

4. Rob van Erp

Rob van Erp NI Product Owner

I dont know how it works for the s2 but with the d2 i can set a loop in a track, revert back to a earlier ceu point and let the track play until it reaches the loop i made, than it stays in the loop. Another option would be to map the loop active command to a button of your choice then you can toggle this command without setting a loop. and use it to play your preset loop.

5. ikke2000

ikke2000 NI Product Owner

when i PRESS either of the 2 Loop encoders (move/active & size/set) i activate the saved loop

6. Lymedo

Lymedo NI Product Owner

Shift + Loop Encoder?

7. ikke2000

ikke2000 NI Product Owner

its a bit complicated...

PRESSING the encoders activates the loop...

i think left ENCODER press activates Floating Loop and right ENCODER press activates Next or Current Saved Loop.

You have to experiment with this.

There is a manual that explains this a little bit, i tried it yesterday with mixing, and its all a little vague and seems random.

Sometimes pressing the encoders emmediatly loops where the song is playing at that moment, sometimes it just activates the saved loop somewhere else.

That last is what we want.

Anybody else, please help??? :)