1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

How to assign a separate note to each pad?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by astronaut, Jan 6, 2013.

1. astronaut

astronaut Forum Member

greets

You guys know if it is possible to set the midi note that each of the 16 pads sends to the midi out port? I've messed around with the midi settings but I only get one note for all pads.

2. trux

trux NI Product Owner

are you using maschine in midi mode? you can assign the pads to different notes in the controller editor.

3. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

firstly i presume you have used Sounds To MIDI Notes?

then you actually need to use your Controller to set the Base Key for each Pad. do this by pressing Pad Mode and change the Base Key to the one you want for that Pad.

sowari

4. astronaut

astronaut Forum Member

thanks for the answers. I found out how to do it myself. I first tried doing it in the Maschine software, could not find the option, then could not find the info in the manual, but then found the option on the controller (by trial and error).

I only wish that step mode would be available in keyboard mode, i.e. ability to select different notes.