1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE
NOTICE:

Our Traktor Pro Public Beta is available again in our new online community. Join us if you want to try new features.

MORE INFO

How to assign new FX to these knobs (S2MK3)?

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S3 / KONTROL S4' started by krynon666, Dec 17, 2019.

1. krynon666

krynon666 New Member

Hi everyone, I wonder how i could assign new FX to the 4 central knobs (those in color)? There are like more than 20 different FX in this machine but I only can assign 8 different ones, that's it? Can someone charitable could help me? Thanx[​IMG]

2. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

Yes, the center buttons select the Mixer FX, of which there are only 9 if you count Filter.

• Like Like x 1
  3. krynon666

krynon666 New Member

Oh, that's what I unfortunatly thought... :/ So, what's the way to use the other FX?

4. ErikMinekus

Unfortunately you can't use them on the S2 or even the S3. You need the S4 MK3, which has the 4 FX knobs above each deck.

Or you can add another controller like the X1 to control two FX units.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. krynon666

krynon666 New Member

So, what about the other 20 FX? We cannot use them? (sorry for my noob questions and thanks for your help btw)

6. ErikMinekus

You can use them, but you need a controller with 4 knobs per FX unit, like the Kontrol X1 MK2:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. krynon666

krynon666 New Member

Oh ok. Now i understand. Thank you!!

8. Stevan

Stevan NI Product Owner

It is also possible to remap Filter knobs.

Add In > FX Unit > Dry Wet
    Add In > FX Unit > Button 1-2-3
    Add In > FX Unit > Knob 1-2-3

9. mquadagno

mquadagno New Member

Ok, and if I have an S3, then I can buy one X1 for the deck FX on only two decks, correct?

How does that work?

Is the X1 only assignable to Deck A and B, and that’s it?

Or can the X1 switch quickly and easily between controlling the effects on all four decks during a set?

Like, for example, the S3 can only control two decks at one time, so, would the X1 switch with the Traktor S3 controller?

Or does the X1 have to be assigned in the settings, and therefore, you have to choose which two decks the X1 will control?

If the X1 is only assignable to two decks in settings, then, I would say that switching quickly & easily is not really an accurate description, and I would say that it would make more sense to purchase two X2s to work all four deck FX with my Traktor S3.

But at that point, you’re better off purchasing the S4, yes?

I’m asking because I had to return my S3 and I’m about to buy a new one but maybe I should just purchase an S4.

Please help!

10. motostick

motostick NI Product Owner

I use a X1 to control FX with my S3.
    When you start TraktorPro, you can asingn the X1 to control 2 decks and 2 FX.
    For example:
    - If you select A and B, you control FX1 and FX2 and you can asign them to decks A and B.
    - If you select C and D, you control FX3 and FX4 and you can asign them to decks C and D.
    I have mapped pads 1 and 2 and then I can use two FX effects with the four decks.