How to change tuning from 440hz to 432hz?

Discussion in 'ABSYNTH' started by Symbiot, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Symbiot

Symbiot New Member

I can't seem to figure out how to change the tuning in Absynth. It's easy in Kontakt, there's just a global tuning frequency at the top (440 by default), that I can just change to 432hz, but I can't figure out how to do the same in Absynth.

Any help would be much appreciated. I've been unable to find this out by searching.
    ---
    I may have found it... went to Performance, Tuning, New, and found a_3 and changed the value to 432 rather than 440.

2. iszoloscope

iszoloscope NI Product Owner

3. FabianKo

FabianKo New Member

Hello Symbiot, in Absynth go to "Perform" then change the "Transpose" value to -0.320 that will change the overall tuning by -32 cents meaning A=432 Hz. In Reaktor you can change the "Tune" value to 47.68

4. Symbiot

Symbiot New Member

Hey FabianKo, thanks a lot for replying, I appreciate it!

5. Deshawn Jackson

Deshawn Jackson New Member

In maschine its simple. I use the Maschine 1.8 still and i go to Modules - Sampler. Then Under pitch/ Gate Tune should be -x.32 x is whatever pitch you pick. Hold shift down to fine tune

6. Sundial Music

Sundial Music New Member

Sorry, this may be a stupid question. But if Standard tuning is 440... (which is represented by the default setting "0.00") then to detune to 432 wouldn't that be -8 cents not -32 ? ie. 440 - 8 = 432. whereas 440 - 32 = 408 ?

7. Seoman303

Seoman303 NI Product Owner

You are comparing two different things here. One being the frequency in Hertz and one being the tune in semi-tones and cents. While the frequency is linear, our perception of tones is logarithmic. That means an octave is always a doubling of the frequency, a semi-tone is a logarithmic separation into twelve tones of an octave and a cent is a sub-separation of a semi-tone into 100 bits.

This means that a cent is not equal to 1 Hz but can is less at lower octaves or more at higher octaves.

8. Starmoral

Starmoral New Member

Hi, is there any synth from NI that can do magic of desired frequency assignment to any key? In other words creating custom scale from scratch?

9. Michael O'Hagan

Michael O'Hagan NI Product Owner

Reaktor Can do this, but it could be complicated, but it could also be built into a module that allows you import that feature into many synths very easily after it has been built.

10. Starmoral

Starmoral New Member

Module? What exactly you refer to, something like SuperColider? Will appreciate if you know specific name of software that can do it. I m willing to build one.

11. Michael O'Hagan

just give me a few days and I'll put something together, I think explaining it might be harder than actually doing it.

12. Starmoral

Starmoral New Member

Scholar and gentleman

13. Michael O'Hagan

I haven't forgotten this dude, I just haven't had the time yet...

14. januarycivil

januarycivil NI Product Owner

Yeah. Absynth. RTFM, pg 152.

15. Starmoral

Starmoral New Member

All good, I have found one option with Waldorf app called Drum Attack. There is option to assign custom frequency. But anyway when you able you can check out is good to know on some other ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Starmoral

Starmoral New Member

Cool ,will check it out. I wrote to NI support they replied it can't be done .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Michael O'Hagan

I just did a little test in reaktor, take any ensemble and add a constant subtractor of -0.3179 to the pitch controls to achieve 432 tuning.

18. musicmart01

musicmart01 New Member

Cool Edit Pro version 2.1

How To convert from A=440Hz to A=432Hz or from A=432Hz to A=440Hz,
    or from A=440Hz to A=444Hz (= up 1%), C5 will be 528 Hz.

Go to; Toolbar menu; Effects; Time/Pitch; Stretch..

To convert from A=440Hz to A=432Hz
    Fill in under Ratio: 101.863
    (101.851851851)

To convert from A=432Hz to A=440Hz
    Fill in under Ratio: 98.19
    (98.181891818)

To convert from A=440Hz to A=444Hz (A=444 Hz => C=528Hz)
    Fill in under Ratio: 99.099
    (99.0990991)

Additional settings:

Check: High Precision
    Check: Pitch Shift
    Check: Choose appropriate defaults

Source: www.mediatip.nl/440to432to444or528.htm

• Like Like x 1