How to choke samples when using KK with Maschine?

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by BOOM BAP XL, May 16, 2019.

1. BOOM BAP XL

BOOM BAP XL NI Product Owner

Is it possible? There must be a way to stop long samples from playing back from the Kontrol Keyboard (in my case the S49) when controlling Maschine..

..right?

2. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

What do you mean exactly?

Uwe

3. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

yes you can create choke groups (and on A49 press shift + octave down to play the pads in the group from the keyboard) but I think on s49 also possible

Uwe

4. BOOM BAP XL

BOOM BAP XL NI Product Owner

Hi Uwe. I'm not referring to using one sample to cut off another . On Maschine, pressing Shift + Mute would stop [choke] any long sample from playing to the end. For example if you have one shot samples that last several seconds or more, you might not always want it to play through.

On Komplete Kontrol, it kind of makes using samples with Maschine more of a pain as there is no quick way to choke said samples. Unless there is that I'm not aware of?

5. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Ah yes OK now I get it - yes that's not possible you could only build a reaktor sampler where the first note trigger starts a sample and the second stops it or something like that - could also be useful with maschine and live situations.

Uwe

• Informative Informative x 1