How to create User preset previews for Komplete Kontrol?

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by DJ5D, Aug 16, 2019.

1. DJ5D

DJ5D New Member

When I create a patch for, say, Massive X, KK does not create a preview for the sound I made. How do I do this?

2. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

record a sample of your preset in a DAW then render to a .ogg file then in the same folder as your preset, create a folder called .previews and place the ogg file in that folder. The filename of the ogg file needs to match exactly the name of the preset including the extension:

\User Content\Plugin\MyPresetFile.nksf
    \User Content\Plugin\.previews\MyPresetFile.nksf.ogg

3. DJ5D

DJ5D New Member

There has to be a better way than this. I've been using Preset Magician to create these for every other Non-NKS plugin (I highly recommend Felicia Hummel's Preset Magician, btw) and it seems SO tedious to do it manually.

4. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

It's good when the plugin is compatible but most of the ones I want to convert are not yet

5. DJ5D

DJ5D New Member

Kymeia Not true! It works great, especially after the latest update. So update it to the latest version and try again, it should be flawless now, supported plugin or not- but if for any reason you have probs, let me know,i wrote out a guide covering all issues.

6. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

A lot of plugins are still not supported though such as by FXPansion, I don't see how it can be flawless 'supported plugin or not', that doesn't make sense

7. DJ5D

DJ5D New Member

Kymeia All the VSTs I have tried it on so far work. Serum, HGFortune series, Alchemy, Superwave- all of them showed 'unsupported' in the PM program, when I was first processing them- However, I took a look at FXpansion to see if I could help you out, and you're right, it uses a totally different preset file system, so it doesnt work...yet.