How to extend/shorten length of bass notes

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by sterling1, Nov 26, 2019.

1. sterling1

sterling1 NI Product Owner

Hi, I'm new to Maschine so please excuse my basic question. I've searched this topic but strangely not found anything that helps yet.

I am laying bass notes and would like to learn how to enable the note to continue for the length that I hold a pad down. Also to stop when I release the pad. Currently the note rolls for the pre set length and I can't work out how to adjust this on the hardware or on the software. I have a feeling it's gonna be super simple, so apologies in advance for the having to ask here and not being able to find a simple explanation of this without your help!

2. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

hi sterling. i am assuming you are using one of the samples / a sound from an expansion (so a sampler):

- find your sampler
    - you'll find a setting "one-shot" in its settings
    - change that to either AHD / ADSR and set its paramters how you like it

and most importantly: have fun

• Like Like x 1
  3. sterling1

sterling1 NI Product Owner

Thank you, this worked :) Yes I'm using one of the sounds from an expansion pack. The bass note/sound now plays for the length that I hold the pad. The entire duration of the note is about 2 seconds.. so if I hold the pad for 5 seconds the note stops after 2. I would like to find a way to extend the note length to play all the while I'm holding the pad down.. even if that is 5-10 seconds. Is this possible? Is it a simple a setting I'll find in the sampler or do I need to edit the sound / copy paste it together a few times to make a new longer note?

Thank your for your help!!

4. sam_saw

sam_saw NI Product Owner

Sounds like you wanna loop ?
    loopy.gif

5. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

this looping thing for sure works. but as one that "suffered to long from using samples for everything": maybe using a vst-synth instead of a bass-note-sample will give you better results....and more fexibility. nothing wrong in using "bass-note-samples" thou..

6. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

To make samples sound longer, maschine has a nice option and it is called stretching.
    You can find out how things work in the manual.

stretch2.PNG

René