How to fix El Capitan Beta problems, crashing Logic AU scan.

Discussion in 'Computer Technology and Setup' started by matthiaswitt, Sep 22, 2015.

1. junklight

junklight New Member

everything seems fine on 10.11.1 - but I've not got a lot else apart from Komplete installed just now - I'm focusing a bit more on Max and hardware in my music making at the moment (however can't live without Komplete :) )

The best advice is to NOT install the .zero version of an Apple (or any other for that matter) OS if you are using music software - let people who can manage to live with broken things find the bugs first!

2. robegian

robegian NI Product Owner

Hi all, just one question: if I install the OS X 10.11.1 public beta, will I be able to upgrade to the official 10.11.1 version when it's available?

3. junklight

junklight New Member

normally the last beta is the same as the official release - in the past I've both made the effort to install the official one and not bothered - I don't think there is normally anything in it except some kind of psychological comfort. But yes I've not had problems in the past moving off the beta

If you are at all concerned BTW (and the goes double for messing about with SIP etc) make a time machine back up first!!!!!

4. robegian

robegian NI Product Owner

Thanks for the quick response. Anyhow, I'm still wondering if after installing the beta, I'll update the OS to the official release in a regular fashion (actually by App Store) or I'll have to tamper with the OS in some way :)

5. junklight

junklight New Member

reading the FAQ on the beta site - it does say you will need to use a time machine backup to go back to the official version. I'm pretty sure though in the past I've stopped installing betas (you don't have to install the upgrades they suggest) and downloaded and installed the official update directly from the apple site.

• Like Like x 1
  6. junklight

junklight New Member

ha - 10.11.1 has been released now - presumably exactly the same version as the beta - my experience of it has been solid and no AU issues

7. slyooney

slyooney New Member

Thank you ! Can't wait to test El Capitan... wich is supposed to bring back life on my 2012 MBP ;)

8. DMG Synth

DMG Synth New Member

Is this just an issue in Logic? Has anyone experienced this issue in Ableton Live

9. truematt

truematt NI Product Owner

Matthiaswit - You Legend !!!!

I upgraded from Mavericks 10.9 to 10.11 El Capitan and his instructions were perfect !!!

Seriously cool thanks man.

10. Floreale

Floreale NI Product Owner

Downloading 10.1.1 fixes all the NI plug ins. However, it does not fix iZotope plug ins and certain hardware devices such as some Focusrite products.
    iZotope are working on a fix, which is supposed to be ready in late November. Focusrite is a "watch this space" response. I knew the switch up to El Capitan would be problematic and it has proven to be so. The rule of thumb generally is to wait 6 months before updating to the latest OSX, I can certainly endorse that rule now :)

11. starlite's song

starlite's song New Member

10.1.1 <------ !!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT

12. Vyper Music

Vyper Music New Member

I did the whole thing, but now when i rescan it says:

validating Audio Unit Massive by Native Instruments:

AU Validation Tool
    Version: 1.6.1a1
    Copyright 2003-2007, Apple, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Specify -h (-help) for command options

--------------------------------------------------
    VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: 'aumu' - 'NiMa' - '-NI-'
    Manufacturer String: Native Instruments
    AudioUnit Name: Massive
    Component Version: 1.0.1 (0x10001)
    Component's Bundle Version: 0.0.0

* * PASS
    TESTING OPEN TIMES:
    COLD: