1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

How to integrate Transport on Kontrol A49 with Cubase

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by bartveld, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Yes please im also waiting for it or midi mapping - but with the buttons not only the knobs!! The buttons don't have to be editable but the knobs.

Uwe

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  2. bartveld

bartveld NI Product Owner

Right.

3. mykejb

mykejb NI Product Owner

It's NI who need to add the transport control. Steinberg can't fix something they have no control over.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bartveld

Quite. I misread the post and thought NI was referenced. So please substitute NI for Steinberg and then it's still embarrasing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. shaboogen

shaboogen New Member

Given the M32 is releasing shortly, this is even more of an oversight now. What is going on NI?

6. DynaMaltee

DynaMaltee NI Product Owner

NI changed the integration text for the A-series (German Website here). Now it says "Die erweiterte Integration für Cubase und Nuendo folgt in Kürze in einem Update der KOMPLETE KONTROL-Software." which means: "Extended integration for Cubase and Nuendo will be implemented soon with an update of the KOMPLETE KONTROL software.". So I understand (and hope) with the next update V.2.1 scheduled for February, the A-series and new M-series will support transport controls in Cubase.

7. bartveld

I'm holding my breath!

8. shaboogen

shaboogen New Member

Dragging this to the top as the reminder that there's still absolutely no news on this despite the fact that the keyboards have been out for 6 months at this point.

Can someone from NI at least advise if any form of editing for controls is going to be available in Komplete Kontrol 2.1?

9. bartveld

+1:thumbsup:

10. nikk-o

nikk-o New Member

Can we have the update date of cubase and nuendo? we are on February 19th and still nothing ...

• Like Like x 1
  11. nikk-o

nikk-o New Member

Thank you for your reply...

12. bartveld

I assume that was sarcastic...?

13. nikk-o

nikk-o New Member

Yees ... :/

14. bartveld

Well, this is a good way to keep bumping this post to the top ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Honga

Honga New Member

Im not sure I would like to use those hard transport buttons with that annoying sound.
    Should have been touch like the mobile.
    Edit:I have already broke the warranty and opened it up beacause I couldn´t live with the pitch
    wheel that was to hard to work with.
    I bent the feather so now its how it should be in normal keyboards.
    Ok, it´s cheap but havent any real keyboard player tried it out before production?
    So. maybe I try out the annoying plonk sound from the buttons later.
    :)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  16. bartveld

What I don't get: My Komplete Kontrol software is version 2.0.5. Here I see a very recent update to 2.1. Isn't my local Kontrol software supposed to shout out to me that there's a new update available? It doesn't. Or is this just for the S-series? Is this the much touted February update that's supposed to help us with the issue which started this thread? After all, there's just one more day in this month.
    I don't get it.

17. bartveld

Hold on: I see the A series mentioned in the changelog! But where the f*$@ do I download the update?

18. bartveld

OK, found it here (well not the update, but the Updater) Now let's see what it does.

19. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

It just adds some functionality if you use it with maschine like setting pattern length and stuff. Using A series with cubase is still a mess.

Uwe

20. bartveld

So I notice. Well, they have one day left.