1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

How to know what version of Kontakt a library needs?

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by stratoculture666, Nov 24, 2020.

1. stratoculture666

stratoculture666 NI Product Owner

I've been using Kontakt 5.7.3 for a while now, as that was the newest version I could update to while using Yosemite. I recently figured out I can actually run El Capitan so I can probably update to a slightly newer version but probably not Kontakt 6. I've got some libraries that, when trying to add them to Kontakt, tell me that my Kontakt is "too old." Is there a way to tell what version of Kontakt a library actually needs? I am assuming if it's telling me this I will need 6, but I'd like to be sure.

2. Simchris

Simchris NI Product Owner

Usually look at the product page for version requirements.

3. stratoculture666

stratoculture666 NI Product Owner

Yeah these are third party libraries and they don't say anything about the requirements.

4. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI Support Team NI Team

The best would be to contact the manufacturer. They should definitely know which version of Kontakt the library was build for.

5. Simchris

Simchris NI Product Owner

Also, generally a lot of commercial Kontakt libraries may put a doc folder into the user folder, or the overall sample folder for the library. Most commercial libraries will specify on their product page what version is supported since some libs only work with full version, some will work with player.