How to record Reaktor's sounds?

Discussion in 'Technical Issues - KOMPLETE (Archive)' started by marcelM, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcelM

marcelM New Member

Hello,

I'm new to Reaktor and digital recording.

After having played around a while with Reaktor (what a great program this is !), I want to record the sounds from Reaktor5 into Soundforge9.
    My soundcard is a (not so new) Terratec DMX6fire 24/96.

I can record music and sounds from the external inputs like mic, line or phono, but I'm having a real hard time to record sounds from Reaktor.
    So external signals are fine but internal signals cannot be recorded.

This can't be so difficult and so I'm afraid this is a rather stupid question ... but nonetheless I don't understand it!

2. spencerTron

spencerTron NI Product Owner

I don't use soundforge...but to record reaktor's output...

the 2 standard ways...

Standalone mode: Use recorder Box, Veiw > Show Recorder Box

Plug-in: Use as a VST/AU instrument inside your DAW (Soundforge)

3. marcelM

marcelM New Member

The Recorder Box ... yeah ... what else ?
    Hmm, I am indeed new to Reaktor :)

I tried using it as plug-in before but I didn't manage to "MIDI-fy" it. But that's another issue.

Thanks for your help.

4. Aleksandr Smirnov

Aleksandr Smirnov NI Product Owner

Look in instruments - Recorders & Players. But why won't you use Recorder Box? What do you mean you couldn't "Midi-fy" it?

5. spencerTron

spencerTron NI Product Owner

6. JPaul23

JPaul23 NI Product Owner

Open soundforge, hit record,set the input to whatever channels youre using as outputs for Reaktor, then hit "remote" in the recording window. Soundforges recording window will then float on top of Reaktor. Make some sounds to check the meters for a signal. Hit record and play away. When you're finished, press stop and then hit the "back" button which will take you back into the main Soundforge window where your lovely wav file will be awaiting editing.
    Either that or use the recorder box.....:)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  7. marcelM

marcelM New Member

Thanks guys !

... for all your help.
    The recording box from Reaktor works fine.
    Recording with Soundforge via the Remote Panel I haven't tried yet. But I will !
    It is already very helpful to know that it can be done.

With MIDI-fy I meant that Reaktor can function as a plug-in in Soundforge, that I managed to use the effect-ensebles but that I didn't manage to play the "synthesizer-ensembles-plug-ins" via a MIDI keyboard / (Edirol-patchbay in fact).
    They don't communicate with each other.
    But that is a thing I feel I should figure out myself.
    To be honest: I haven't read the manual yet ...
    ... Too excited :)

greetings
    Marcel

8. JPaul23

JPaul23 NI Product Owner

You won't be able to play synths in Soundforge. It's not a host. It uses Reaktor as an effects plug-in just fine. Plus if you're up to version 9 of SF you may have noticed that it's fully automatable via envelopes.I was quite surprised to realise I could automate the X-Y morph pad of the Kore player in it....
    BTW, using Reaktors remote recorder will give you higher bitrate recordings than the built in recorder box. But watch out for DC offset.

9. OtherWise

OtherWise New Member

you can record sounds from internal sources using some third-party apps, e.g. Macvide Audio Recorder
    Good luck ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.