How to set echo out (delay) to stay on beat

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by AlphA_ZA, Jun 16, 2019.

1. AlphA_ZA

AlphA_ZA New Member

Hi guys,

I've read tons of documentation on this, but cannot get it to work. I'm an ex-serato user and used to enjoy using echo out in hip-hop transitions. In Serato, I would turn on the effect, drop the channel fader and play the next track. The sound which was echoe'd out would stay on beat with the new track that was playing. I am able to use delay to get the post-fader echo, however, its not on beat with the new playing track.

Can anybody provide any guidance/help with this? Is this even possible with Traktor?

2. Tijn71

Tijn71 NI Product Owner

3. AlphA_ZA

AlphA_ZA New Member

Thanks very much for the response. However, it doesnt quite solve my issue.

I know how to create the echo out (post fader) effect. My problem is, the tempo of the echo out does not match the tempo of the track I am mixing into (nor is it the same as the tempo of the track I am mixing out from). This works out the box in Serato....and I'd be very surprised if Traktor cannot do this. There's gotta be a way......I just cannot get it right.

4. AlphA_ZA

AlphA_ZA New Member

I managed to resolve this issue. The master tempo was not matched to the track I was playing ( must have accidentally hit sync at some time) . I corrected that and now the echo is perfectly on beat.

5. wapperen

wapperen NI Product Owner

6. AlphA_ZA

AlphA_ZA New Member

Hi Wapperen,

Thanks for trying to help..yes...the video uploaded is exactly what I was trying to do. I posted a reply above yours saying that I managed to get it working. For some reason, the master tempo was not correct and the delay effect uses the master tempo. I got it working great now.

Thank you for trying to help.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OscarD

OscarD NI Product Owner

Yep, you got it! Just de-select Auto Master and set the master to the BPM of the track you want to bring in. Then when you hit the delay effect it will match to the beat of the incoming track rather than the outgoing track. Just remember to re-select Auto Master after or you can get yourself messed up later on.

8. AlphA_ZA

AlphA_ZA New Member

Thanks Oscar.

I always keep the BPM of the incoming track the same as the outgoing track. If its matched to the outgoing track - I'll be good. Spent the day yesterday mixing some stuff off-the-cuff ....the software is working great with my turntables. Will take some getting used to, but I guess I"ll get there.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stevan

Stevan NI Product Owner

You can map Set Deck Tempo to your Channel Faders. (to workaround master clock tempo)

10. AlphA_ZA

AlphA_ZA New Member

Ahhh, I didn't know that....thanks. Will check it out.