How to smoothen out velocites?

Discussion in 'Scripting Workshop' started by brendonintendo, Apr 8, 2019.

1. brendonintendo

brendonintendo New Member

i have the galaxy vienna grand and the velocities and timbre are all over the place and its difficult to play because the dynamics and velocities are inconsistent is there anything i can script or do in the instrument editor to make the velocties and basically the whole instrument seem smoother, more consistent and more natural?
    thx

2. Lovechld2000

Lovechld2000 NI Product Owner

Maybe you could script your way out of it ? but one way or another you are going to need to listen to them all and sort them somehow. if it was me I would deal with it at the sample level. Import the samples into an editor, rank them by ear/ measure them and rename and set a naming convention. Learn how the auto mapping feature works so when you reimport them , they all go to their zones automatically. Then apply velocity volume after that if the quiet ones still are not quiet enough

3. brendonintendo

I’m not sure that’s it the velocities at the wrong volumes I thinks it’s because the timbre range can change so dramatically between them that nothing I play seems smooth or consistent, do you think Crossfades would work to make he playing more consistent and smooth?

4. Lovechld2000

Lovechld2000 NI Product Owner

Ok if the timbres just jump between sample selections but they are in the right order you could apply velocity xfades in the mapping editor . that will make them blend. its in the edit menu under batch tools

5. brendonintendo

thankyou

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2019
  6. brendonintendo

I’ve applied the smallest amount of xfades I could to all zones, but it seems to make the timbre jumping sound even worse
    Now that i listen closely the dynamics and velocities are only bad when i play fast stuff but for slow and medium tempo it is completely fine

Last edited: May 8, 2019