1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

How to uninstall library?

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by davemacp, Nov 1, 2017.

1. davemacp

davemacp NI Product Owner

The remove library option has removed from inside kontakt, and it doesn't appear that it can be done from Native Access either. Anyone have any idea how to remove a kontakt library on osx?

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Well-Known Member

"Remove" option didn't actually remove the library, it just hid it from the view. This is now in Options->Libraries, where you can toggle visibility for every Kontakt Player library installed. This still doesn't remove them from the hard drive. If you want a library to be completely removed, just physically delete it from the hard drive.

3. davemacp

@EvilDragon Cheers, I did actually delete the folders containing the library, and deleted the plist files, but they still show as installed in NA. Any ideas?

4. EvilDragon

5. davemacp

6. ttoz

ttoz NI Product Owner

Hmm.. i have removed the kontakt factory selection, and it persistently shows in the browser unless i hide it. I have deleted all plist files related to it, even the installer bom files, everything. There just seems no way to "truly" get rid of it. I just also removed the string essentials which was very disappointing, and, same thing. Any ideas? Also in the NI installer center, rather than uninstalled or installed, it shows as 'repair'.. so no matter what i delete, kontakt and the NI install center think the libraries are there. Mac here.

7. bjones306

bjones306 New Member

Considering there is a separate app to clean individual registry entries out, and a manual deletion process for folders, is there some reason NI hasn't just built all this functionality into Native Access?? Seems like a no-brainer to me.......smh...... Uninstalling any library and ALL of it's components should be as simple as clicking an uninstall button in Native Access.

8. mrjackster

mrjackster New Member

Did anyone figure this out? Manually removed all the elements Native list in their generic uninstall instruction - I want to remove Session Strings as upgraded and have Session Strings 2. But Session strings still shows in the sidebar of Kontakt... how can I remove that. Just to clarify the LIBRARY is long gone, and the Plist - there's no 'app' in Applications folders.

9. EvilDragon

Click on the down arrow button on the library tab for Session Strings and you have "Remove library" there.

10. rcmusic35

rcmusic35 NI Product Owner

you meant "hide library" ? no remove here. thanx

11. EvilDragon

Yeah it used to say "Remove library" there, so it seems they renamed it now :)

12. DarkStar

DarkStar NI Product Owner

^^^^
    In that case, the User Manual (14.1.2) needs amendment:
    [​IMG]

Libraries can be shown / hidden on the Option / Libraries tab. I guess that "hide" is used rather than "remove" as "remove" suggests deletion of files.

13. MorphineNoir

MorphineNoir NI Product Owner

I am new to the NI universe

Last week, I installed Kontakt Player and downloaded Embertone Arcane so I would qualify for the cross grade to Kontakt full

I just purchased Kontakt full and want to remove Embertone Arcane and Kinetic Treats (which I had also downloaded a week ago because I thought it looked "interesting")

I went through and followed these instructions

However, both Arcane and Kinetic Treats are still showing up in my "Installed Products" on Native Access with the word "Repair" in orange written under them

Is there a way to completely remove them from showing up in Native Access?

Thank you and be well

14. CoolTunes

CoolTunes NI Product Owner

15. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey, sorry to interrupt but our community has moved! This forum is now a read-only archive. Please visit our new community: https://community.native-instruments.com/ Just search for a topic and continue the conversation over there, or create a new post if it doesn’t yet exist in the new forum.Thanks and see you over there.