1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

How to Use the Traktor Pro 2 Program without a Controller

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S3 / KONTROL S4' started by El Caobo, Aug 27, 2013.

1. El Caobo

El Caobo New Member

I have a Traktor S4 controller and the Traktor Pro 2 program. However, there are times when I do need to take my controller and instead would like to only take my laptop.

My question is...

When using the Traktor Pro software alone, with my laptop plugged into a mixer via the earphone jack, HOW DO I PRE-LISTEN TO A TRACK WHILE ANOTHER IS CURRENLTY PLAYING?

2. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor Moderator

You can't. You need a soundcard with 2 stereo outs to have that functionality. The built-in sound card does not give you the ports.

3. Abebe

Abebe NI Product Owner

I take Traktor Audio 2 soundcard with my laptop, since short Kontrol Z1 for my iPhone works also perfectly with pro 2.6.3 on laptop.

4. dj boomer

dj boomer New Member

you probably solved this issue already,but just in case you have'nt.just use a dual headphone adapter.one side for you to listen and the other goes to your mixer.

5. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor Moderator

And then everything has to go mono.

6. dj boomer

dj boomer New Member

ok,to fix that problem.get a stereo usb soundcard,you can find them online as cheap as 8.00 some of them look like flash drives(if money is'nt an issue you can get a traktor audio 2 soundcard(like abebe said) for about 100.00 bucks).go from your usb soundcard to your mixer(both channels) and your headphones into the laptop,then config inside traktor.

7. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Those stereo USB soundcards for £8 are not seen by traktor as multi output cards.

8. Ghost_On_Da_Maschine

Ghost_On_Da_Maschine NI Product Owner

You can get a used Audio 2 for pennies and you already have Traktor software.