1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

How's beta testing going?

Discussion in 'KORE' started by Grent, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Grent

Grent Forum Member

Any slight non-binding release date expectations ?

Any unforseen troubles ?

I can't imagine at all how hard it is to port 32bit code to 64bit.

2. arachnaut

arachnaut NI Product Owner

Beta testers aren't allowed to talk about anything that is not public knowledge.

I sure hope that is public knowledge, the fines are considerable.

3. Moujik

Moujik NI Product Owner

Yes - heaven forbid that any details of this discontinued product were leaked ;)

4. Grent

Grent Forum Member

My question was directed at the developers.
    I haven't thought of beta testers within the user base. My bad.

5. arachnaut

arachnaut NI Product Owner

I don't think the developers read this forum. (Maybe some do, I don't know).

Beta testers do pass on problems that are seen here, so they do get acknowledged in a bug tracking system.

6. BIF

BIF NI Product Owner

Beta testers are often bound by NDA, Non Disclosure Agreement. NDA is not likely to be suspended just because a product has been discontinued, due o technology, process, procedure, or general knowledge overlap.

7. Thomas @ NI

Thomas @ NI Administrator NI Team

The update is actually in the final stages of final testing... I will go update the official status thread now.

8. Thomas @ NI

Thomas @ NI Administrator NI Team

By the way, 2.1.4 includes a 64bit host version as well, but because it doesn't offer a 32bit bridge it was decided not to include this on the official feature list.

9. dmv

dmv Account Suspended

Thomas, where have you been hiding? :confused: I was gone ask where you were. Thanks for the update.

10. losan

losan Forum Member

Haven't posted her much lately,
    but just wanted to say thanxs for this piece of information, Thomas.
    I've hoped for a x64 version of the Standalone, so even if we won't see
    Multicore support, at least Kore users can then take advantage with access to more RAM - especially interesting with some of today's demanding plugins with big libraries.

Thanks and Cheers

11. nielsdolieslager

nielsdolieslager NI Product Owner

Thanks for the update. So... no 32bit bridge in the standalone probably means we can't run 32bit plugins in the 64bit version either?

If we can't, is the GR3 engine updated to 64bit for Mac? Or are all presets using GR3 updated to GR4? Or is there another solution?

12. schrage musik

schrage musik NI Product Owner

Having read Thomas's second post again, I THINK it means that only the host version has no bridge.

13. nielsdolieslager

Oh no, not another "what does it mean" thread :)

14. JasonSpatola

JasonSpatola Forum Member

Whoa, Kore x64's plugin version may have a bridge? That would be cool.

15. a1mixman

a1mixman NI Product Owner

What does THAT mean? :p

16. nielsdolieslager

Well, it's simply essential to run the original library on a Mac :)

17. TabSel

TabSel NI Product Owner

I bet there won't be a bridge in Kore, neither standalone nor plugged.

The original library is featured in the current kore, sold as advertised.

Kore x64 will be a x64 app and a x64 plug, able to host x64 plugs. Nothing else.

18. Keir @ NI

Keir @ NI Community, man NI Team

Just to clarify, the 64-bit plug-in versions have no bridge so they can't host 32-bit plug-ins. Such a bit bridge for Kore would have caused many compatability issues, and for this reason it wasn't possible. And Guitar Rig 3 presets will indeed be converted to Guitar Rig 4. I hope that helps clear up any confusion.

19. Grent

Grent Forum Member

Thanks Keir and Thomas !

20. schrage musik

schrage musik NI Product Owner

Clears up confusion and shows that Kore is going to be further hobbled.

This system that NI touted as being pretty much the centre of the musical universe (more fool me for believing) has already been rendered 'future unsteady' and now is 'past locked'.

If I want to use Kore 64 then I'll have to ditch ALL of my past setups (as they all have instances of 32 bit plugs). Wonderful. Yet another kick in the teeth.

I note that "it wasn't possible" to bridge these plugs. Is that the actual case or was it "couldn't be arsed"? This promised upgrade appears more and more to have been made to dampen some of the upset at the demise of Kore and now, as it comes closer to release, we see how poor it actually is.