In Sticky Humanize Improvement

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by basehead617, Feb 23, 2017.

1. basehead617

basehead617 NI Product Owner

Add the ability to humanize a pattern with Time Shift without humanizing Velocity at the same time (or vice versa). It's great to be able to humanize rhythms to change up the groove slightly but being forced to set a hard velocity lo/hi range is unpleasant when you might just want to leave all the velocities the same as they are.

• Like Like x 10
  2. FrankieFilth

FrankieFilth NI Product Owner

This 100x, please!!! I've been digging the humanize feature but, it's definitely short on flexibility. Please disconnect velocity from time shift; these should absolutely be two separate functions.

My other issue here is, I rarely want to humanize all elements of a pattern. I think this feature should be based on selected notes only. However, to keep the current method in tact for those who like it as-is, maybe apply humanize to the whole pattern only when no notes are selected. (Essentially, selecting notes overrides manipulating the entire pattern).

• Like Like x 2
  3. SuppleWhat

SuppleWhat New Member

Another huge improvement would be to have the Humanize function act as a value multiplier, rather than setting absolute values.
    For example, if I hand draw a velocity ramp, it would be great to be able to add randomness to that ramp. See attached image for clarity.
    Hand_drawn_velocity.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  4. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Very interesting suggestion. I like it!

5. FrankieFilth

Unless this was changed in the 2.6.5 update, I was trippin here, making up problems that didn't exist :confused:. I'm currently able to "humanize" only selected notes just fine! So yeah, decouple velocity from time shift, please. Now. Please. ;)

6. AmeGarin

AmeGarin NI Product Owner

7. nicodalto

nicodalto New Member

+1

8. donhogo

donhogo New Member

9. FrankieFilth

Wrong again, geez. Here's what I've managed to confirm, for real this time..
    Regardless of note selection, humanize applies to all notes from whichever sound is in focus. This is lame and should be addressed asap, in addition to the other issue mentioned here.

10. gingerman

gingerman NI Product Owner

11. Frank P.

Frank P. NI Product Owner

12. Willyng & äBle

Willyng & äBle New Member

+1

And may I add a request to implement real-time preview of humanize/randomize ?

• Like Like x 2
  13. mmmotion

mmmotion NI Product Owner

14. Spekwerk

Spekwerk NI Product Owner

15. Tim Verberne

Tim Verberne NI Product Owner

Native Instruments, please make this so!!! This has been bugging me forever! +1

16. Frank P.

Frank P. NI Product Owner

Hey NI !!!!
    I think it would be so easy for you to give us a little update in the near future (next update!) which allows to set the Velocity Range to "off" and so we get a humanize time feature without changing the velocity. As suggested by basehead617
    This is really a joke to implement and would help to get a human feeling to full quantized drums or instruments.
    Please !!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. p1afff

p1afff NI Product Owner

some very interesting ideas in the Teenage Engineering OP-Z (see new Cuckoo video).

18. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion NI Product Owner

+10!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. gingerman

gingerman NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  20. saubr

saubr New Member

+ saubr

saübr and french