1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi all!

A quick update on our Summer of Sound sale, which went live earlier this week. While the sale has already been active both on our website and with retailers worldwide, we felt that it was not the right time to do any marketing around it. We felt that there were more important voices and messages that needed to be heard during this time.

We know that this a popular sale and that many of our regular customers look forward to this event each year, so we just wanted to let you know why we have not communicated about it so far. All communication will be going live on Monday, in the meantime, we hope that you will find something in our sale that excites you. Stay safe and happy music making.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

I can hear my tunes being cue'd up when I play back a mix recorded with Traktor?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by FreakyMofo, Jun 16, 2012.

1. FreakyMofo

FreakyMofo NI Product Owner

This hasn't always happened, but lately I've been listening back to some of my mixes recorded through Traktor,

and I can hear my tunes being cue'd up OUT LOUD? I'm using time code CDs with CDJ 1000's and i cue my tracks up like vinyl, i can hear it out loud when i listen to my mixes.

What have i done wrong here?

Help please!

THANKS

2. Mystic38

Mystic38 NI Product Owner

pressing cue does not disable the track from the main otputs ensure your crossfader is fully to the other side.

3. FreakyMofo

Hm, but I have the crossfader switch 'off'.

I dont use it. Only the UP faders. Does that still can't tho?

Wether it's on or off do I still have to move the cross fader over to whatever channel is playing before I cue up the next track in my headphones?
    ---
    Right, i have just tried with what u said, still same problem.

Its when i listen to te mix that i have recorded, i can hear OUT LOUD what i should only be hearing in my headphones, which is cue'ing up my next song

4. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

So you've run a lead from your Record out of your DJM900 into the audio10 and are recording that?

5. FreakyMofo

Nope, I'm using a DJM 500 atm, and Mix REcorder is set to 'internal'

its always worked like that, but lately ive been listening back to them and been hearing my cue'ing come out in the actual mix!

6. lethal_pizzle

You can't record internally from your external mixer. The reason is that Traktor has gone about it's business prior to the channels going to your mixer's line faders. Traktor has no idea what the mix coming out of your mixer sounds like.

7. FreakyMofo

Hm.. i always use the mix recorder in traktor to record my mixes though? And they always record, but now just with the cuine out loud problem.

have i just got and 'out put preview' or some in/output set wrongly thats making this happen.. or do i need to use an external device to record it, like hook an aux cable from my macbook to another mac with garage band?

8. lethal_pizzle

You need to run an output from your mixer into an input on your audio10, set the mix recorder to external and record that channel.

9. FreakyMofo

Ok so i ran phono lead from the LINE of Channel 1 of my mixer, (my cdjs are in the CD1/Line of this same channel, into 'IN' on channlel D of my Audio 10.

and set mix recorder to 'internal' - input deck A.

hit record, and when i played back the mix, it was just a screeching noise...?

Do i need to run 1/4jack to rca or XLR to rca from either of the two 'MASTER OUT' i have in the bottom part of the back of my mixer, into a spare 'input' of my audio 10?

cheers.

10. procrastinator

procrastinator NI Product Owner

this happens if you do the exact opposite of what an expierienced user recommends to do xD

11. FreakyMofo

Okay haha tell me what ive done wrong, im not extremely experienced, so bare with me, im just not quite understanding what to do :( more detailed? sorry! Thanks.

12. procrastinator

procrastinator NI Product Owner

1. use an output on you mixer where the full mix comes out, e.g. master2, rec out.
    2. you have to set recording to EXTERNAL, because your mix is created OUTSIDE of traktor in your mixer.

13. FreakyMofo

Ah right!

I have XLR main out, and 1/4 jack master out, ill run a cable from either of them two, and into a spare INput on my Audio 10.

That's right, right?

I've had a look and cant find any leads anywhere, so will have to wait till i can get to a shop.. hopefully not too long, hope it works fine, thanks for replying!

14. Real_Blackroom

Real_Blackroom Forum Member

Use recording out which is RCA.

15. FreakyMofo

I haven't got a recording out on my mixer, im using djm 500 atm :(

16. FreakyMofo

Just got a new cable today, twin 1/4 jack to twin rca, done what you said, and its fine now, mixes sound normal.

thanks a lot mate.