1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

I Cant find my 1-3-5 Chords

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Pankees, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Pankees

Pankees New Member

Sorry but my mschine mk3 doesn t let me play chords like 1-3-5 for a given scale ... how can i do???

but last version worked

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  2. DataStrainMusic

DataStrainMusic NI Product Owner

When you're in the chords section, make sure your chord selection is set to "Harmonic" and not "Chord Set." After you select Harmonic, you can scroll through options like 1-3-5, 1-3-5-7, 1-5-1, etc. All's working fine on my MK3.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Pankees

Pankees New Member

Ok, but often i don t see the 1-3-5 on my maschine, i have to restart the system and the maschine, and then it come back with 1-3-5 in harmonic mode

4. Pankees

Pankees New Member

Please , if i select harmonic it display the chords like i was in chromatic mode, but i am not in chromatic mode. So my 1-3-5 or other chords are unavailable.

5. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

Press the chords button.
    In the left screen, set type on all other except chromatic (dial 2)
    Set mode to harmonizer (dial 3)
    If everything goes well you can now choose 1-3-5 (dial 4)

René

6. themixtape

themixtape NI Product Owner

I have to say, here I am April 6th, 2019... I'm experiencing the same thing. I'm using Maschine 2.7.10. I don't want the 2.8 update because I have no interest in Sounds.com integration.

The only modes I have when enabling "Harmonized" mode are:
    Octave
    Perf 4
    Perf 5
    Major (but it's not diatonically harmonized... it's just playing all major chords even though the scale is set to major.. pad 2 should be a minor, pad 3 a minor, pad 4 a major, etc)
    Minor
    Sus4
    Maj7
    Min7
    Dom7
    Dom9
    Min7b5
    Dim7
    Aug
    Quartal
    Trichd

which are the options when the type is set to CHROM. Even though I had everything set right:

SCALE BANK: MAIN
    SCALE TYPE: MAJOR
    CHORD MODE: Harmonized

It's like it gets "stuck" on Chromatic, even though you select Major. The only fix is to restart Maschine. I tried this in standalone and in plugin mode.

Definitely seems like a weird bug. This happened on two different (Windows 7, 64-bit) machines... one with Studio and MK2, the other with MK2 and MK3.

7. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

If you don't use the sounds.com integration, you won't even notice it's there.

• Like Like x 3
  8. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Working fine here.
    1-3-5 C Major harmonized Chords results in:
    Maj, min, min, Maj, Maj, min, min, Maj.
    [​IMG]

If there's a bug in 2.7 and you dont upgrade then you're gonna have to live with it, older versions dont get bugfixes.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  9. Braz

Braz NI Product Owner

Same problem here, and I'm in 2.8.2 so it's not limited to 2.7

• Like Like x 2
  10. René must be Unique

What, when and how you get to see something in chords mode can be found in the manual from page 303 on wards (O how I love that number).

René

11. D-One

Are you also using windows? If seems this might be a windows only issue.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Braz

Braz NI Product Owner

Yes I use Windows :)

13. D-One

Then this problem has been around forever and only you guys seem to have noticed it... that's very odd.
    Win7 or 10?

14. Joca

Joca NI Product Owner

In Keyboard mode set Scale Bank to Main, Type to anything except chromatic (e.g. Major, Minor, Maj Pent etc.), Mode to Harmonic and you will be able to select 1-3-5 under Type.

15. gummi

gummi NI Product Owner

I can report that this is not Windows only. I just tested this with OSX and the same results - no such options available (1-3-5 etc) under Chord Mode = Harm.

OSX HighSierra, Maschine 2.8.2, Maschine MK1, Maschine Jam, Komplete Kontrol S25.

16. D-One

Then maybe it's related to other older controllers? mk1 and mk2? Can't know for sure or confirm this is an issue unless people give proper detail (like you just did), having to constantly ask is annoying.

17. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Personally I think there was a behaviour change when they added more chords, If I remember correctly

18. René must be Unique

Because I was losing my way, I made a table.
    The table shows when the 1 3 5 options are present or not.
    Maybe you can do something with this.
    Maschine is in CHORDS mode, and the OS is Win10 pro.
    [​IMG]
    René

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2019
  19. themixtape

Still experiencing this weird bug. I restarted the Maschine software, and all 1-3-5 stuff is missing. Starts on Octave. Chromatic, Major, Minor, anything. Argh. I'm using a white MK2. I tried adding an instrument to a different pad... still missing, and starting on "Octave"....

20. themixtape

Ok... the only fix (the only fix) is a new project. When opening this project, it is stuck in that broken mode. Starting a new Group / Instrument.... nothing works. It's stuck across the board. Why is that? I'm on 2.7.10 right now but I have seen it happen also on 2.8.5. Confirmed by other users that it's in 2.8.2 (see post above) and not exclusive to Windows.