1. Happy Holidays!

You can find this year's holiday gift right here.

Dismiss Notice

I don't have a USB 2.0 port. What can I do?

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S4' started by SpennyP, Aug 21, 2012.

1. SpennyP

SpennyP New Member

My new computer has 4 USB 3.0 ports and no USB 2.0 ports. Stupid, I know. Is there anything I can do? Every time I attempt to use the S4, I get a BlueScreen. So that's a problem. Anyways, any suggestions or recommendations are accepted. Thanks much.

2. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor Moderator

You can try uninstalling the USB3 drivers and install a generic USB2 driver in it's place.

3. TimMer1981

TimMer1981 Forum Member

What driver is a generic one that works? My USB-controller: Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller (Intel HM77 chipset on Dell 7720 laptop). Haven't found a single one that works, so a question mark remains in my system overview: I haven't installed the USB 3.0 driver, but that's it. Usbport.sys is giving me a reasonable amount of latency also.

4. meghele

meghele New Member

usb 3.0

I got the same problem with asus n76...usb is different and you can't put basic driver 2.0 or generic we have not solution...I hope is just question of time beacouse they fix for mac..

5. mattremay

mattremay New Member

I have got the same problem with my Ultrabook XPS 14 with only 2 ports of USB 3.0...

What can i DO ?
    Please HELP .. because NI support can hels US now...

I spent a lot of money o n new laptop and Traktor and it didn't work with S4 and XPS ;/

6. TimMer1981

TimMer1981 Forum Member

Have you tried uninstalling the USB 3.0 drivers and installing Traktor version 2.3.1 in combination with S4 driver 3.0.3? Seems to work for me (for the time being; you're missing out on bugfixes and other improvements).

7. TimMer1981

TimMer1981 Forum Member

Correction: that also doesn't work. S4 loses connection to Traktor every now and then. Wish I never bought this piece of crap...

8. mattremay

mattremay New Member

I wrote to dell and they told me that I cannot uninstall USB 3.0 drivers and install 2.0 ;/. So Can you tell what I must do now . Wait for a driver from NI ?

9. Mystic38

Mystic38 NI Product Owner

have any of you tried a USB3.0>USB2.0 hub?...

10. KLH

KLH NI Product Owner

+1

Plug in a USB2.0 hub into a USB 3.0 port?

-KLH

11. TimMer1981

TimMer1981 Forum Member

Doesn't work; several people have the tried: still crashes.

It's simple: USB 2.0 still has to be "translated" back to USB 3.0.

12. mattremay

mattremay New Member

What do you think about this: I will send my Kontrol S4 to NI cause it isn't compatibly with USB 3.0 on win 7 on dell xps14 ?

13. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

14. TimMer1981

TimMer1981 Forum Member

Also already thought of that, but it won't work. Simple reason: it doesn't translate anything, it just converts the physical medium (USB to RJ45). In other words: this only works for an Ethernet USB-interface ie.: a modem/router.

Also: even if it DID translate, Traktor wouldn't connect to it, as it's not a native USB-port but an Ethernet-port (which uses completely different protocols than USB).

There simply is no way out of this one, except for a driver and/or firmware update from NI or Intel, and both seem very unlikely to appear anywhere in the near future.

Too bad...

15. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

I guess audio is just not a priority in the industry.... Please someone out there get audio as priority and make a pc or a mac or a new platform that works. Can no one hear the digital cries, we only want to progress. Enable us to.... until then Peace.

16. TimMer1981

TimMer1981 Forum Member

At the moment I've finally found a usable workaround (I think). My current setup:

- Traktor 2.5.1
    - Kontrol S4 3.0.3 driver
    - USB 3.0 controller DISABLED (not just driver deinstalled)

As far as I can tell no more pops, clicks, freezes, BSOD's, loss of connection, etc. Fingers crossed...

17. mattremay

mattremay New Member

And do you have DELL XPS 14 with only USB 3.0 ? I must disable USB 3.0 from control panel or uninstall ?

18. breakpointdj

breakpointdj Forum Member

Uninstall like this.

Go to Control Panel --> Programs and Features --> Right Click Intel* USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver and click uninstall. Reboot after the uninstallation and try your USB ports with like a USB wired mouse to see if that works, if it does then you should be good to go.

19. mattremay

mattremay New Member

Sorry but it isn't help, cause now when i uninstall Intel* USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver my usb doesn't' work ;/ ... help please... ? I'm doing everything and i'm so angry cause NI can't help us. NI IF YOU READ THIS POSTS HELP ! ;/

20. TimMer1981

TimMer1981 Forum Member

Can you post a screenshot of your Device Manager window with the subsection Universal Serial Bus controllers expanded?