I have Maschine and Kore - what do I do now?

Discussion in 'KORE' started by Fretwired, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Fretwired

Fretwired Forum Member

I have Maschine and in April I purchased Kore 2 (with the controller). Now I like the sound of Komplete 8's integration with Maschine, but I don't want to lose my Kore 2 functionality. Reading the NI website and various comments it all seems very confusing. I don't really want to throw something away that I've only had for a few months, not to mention all the Kore soundpacks I purchased.

Now this may seem like a daft question, but could I run K7 and K8 on the same machine? Steinberg allowed customers to retain a previous version of the Cubase product when upgrading to get around project compatibility issues between different versions. The idea being that Kore could work with K7 and Maschine with K8.

2. theoryzero

theoryzero NI Product Owner

We simply don't know yet. Keir @ NI is working on getting the details for us, but I suspect we won't have an answer until these latest app updates come out.

3. nielsdolieslager

nielsdolieslager NI Product Owner

There will be no koresounds provided with Komplete 8 but you can probably still use the old koresounds for Komplete 7 in Kore and you can make new ones for the sounds in Komplete 8. The standalone versions of the programs using koresounds now will no longer load koresounds after the next update but I expect they will act like usual in Kore.

4. wetdentist

wetdentist NI Product Owner

this is a situation that i currently hate being in: i want my Maschine to be up to date, and i want my Kore to keep working with Komplete 7 as advertised . . .

5. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

@Fretwired, you say you have Maschine and Kore 2.

can you clarify if you have Komplete 7, because i am not clear about this.

thanks

sowari

6. Fretwired

Fretwired Forum Member

Yes, I have Komplete 7 (I've used Komplete for years and have always upgraded). This state of affairs could force me to stay on K7.

7. barryL

barryL Forum Member

i'm guessing the worst case scenario is that kore 2 will end up with just its own factory content and the soundpacks (if you brought any). That will still give you quite a lot of content, just no where near as much as with Komplete integrated.

I own maschine, kore 2 and komplete 7 too. atm im thinking i'll upgrade to komplete 8 to get the maschine integration, then just use kore 2 as i mentioned above, but it's still a bit of an unknown until NI give us some solid details.

8. clementshawes

clementshawes Forum Member

@barryL - I don't think you need to move up to K8 to get the Maschine compatability but, like people are saying before me, we need verification on this - or at least a detailed breakdown as to what IS affected by the apps being updated (Absynth, Massivem, FM8, Kore 2 and Maschine 1.7).

Things are being pieced together but until Keir, Thomas or anyone who actually represents NI in an official context gives us the word, it's all assumed and speculative.

9. kiruluda

kiruluda NI Product Owner

If I was a Kore + K7 owner, my head would have exploded by now.

That K7 summer sale should never have happened.

10. zeoka

zeoka NI Product Owner

I think kore is "full vst" and open system
    maschine+k8 can be a great system but a closed NI system.
    In a host , maschine pales in comparison to kore i found.
    Nothing interest me in k8 even k8 ultimate.
    It's time to some guys to see elsewhere and back when there is releases like
    the mouth or razor..... or new reaktor....
    Just hope kore will run corectly......

PS : The kore is great and meant to use with a 23" touchscreen
    especially the browsing and plug slots navigation and selecting. FAST SYSTEM

11. a1mixman

a1mixman NI Product Owner

Can you post vids of this?

Thanks! :D

12. sowari

this is what i would presume:

if you update to Komplete 8 your Komplete 7 VST engines for the NI Plugins which are in a Kore directory would stay the same - they would be the same as they are now.

in DAWs and in Maschine, you would have the updated VST Plugins.

i would presume that you would see all the presets that come with Komplete 8 in the Maschine Browser and be able load from the Maschine Controller Browser.

if you stay with Komplete 7, you will not be able to see the Komplete 7 Presets in the Maschine Browser unless you save them as a Maschine patch.

i would like to think that you will be able to load the same sounds in Kore that you have now and save the same things you can now - if you keep the Komplete 7 NI Plugins in the Kore directory. however, i guess you might have problems with new Komplete 8 stuff if you try to load it into Kore - but NI need to comment on this.

if you or anyone else updates make sure you back up your User ksds that you might have created for Absynth, FM8 and Massive.... because if you choose batch process when you start a Komplete 8 version of those plugins for the first time, i am guessing that all you user ksds might be converted. i would persume that there would be an option to to your batch conversion later, but it is always best to be safe when you install updates!

sowari

13. zeoka

zeoka NI Product Owner

Thank you Sowari !

"i would like to think that you will be able.. but NI need to comment on this."
    The NI silent is disturbing us !

A1 i will try to make a clear video with a phone on my thread today.

14. JamieOverton

JamieOverton Forum Member

15. Klutch

Klutch Forum Member

I also like the fact that Steinberg license are good for the current progaram you own plus any previous version. I have cubase 5 but can download a copy of 4 and use it as well, which is good because 4 handles video.

16. a1mixman

17. Fretwired

Fretwired Forum Member

Thanks to everyone who tried to answer my question. The silence from NI is deafening.

I guess in the long run it's either stick with NI or move to another supplier; either way it looks like I'm going to have to dump Kore at some point so now may be as good a point as any.

18. a1mixman

I would dump NI long before I dump Kore 2. I see no reason to move to Win8 or whatever. My Win7 64bit is working just fine. And I don't need Kontakt 5 either.

19. sowari

did you see Keir's post?

so NI will be answering questions in the Knowledge Base.

sowari

20. Fretwired

Fretwired Forum Member

No, I didn't see Keir's post. Why not have a sticky at the top of the Kore section as it is Kore specific? The Knowledge Base is a pain to work your way around (unless I'm being dumb).

Keir's post still doesn't fully answer my question, nor does it give me confidence that Maschine may ultimately head the way of Kore. The decemination of information leaves a little to be desired. You'd have thought this would have been covered off before Komplete 8 was annouced on the website.