1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

I have to keep re-analyzing songs...

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by somethingblue, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

not surprisingly - analyzation is a ressource hungry task.
    if you have to analyze a lot of tracks, it's the best to let it run over night.

2. JCO

JCO Forum Member

Does this mean that unless I rename the physical MP3 file or edit the ID3 tag I can move the files to/from another PC/Hard drive/Folder?

The reason I ask, is that I can analyze my collection in a Quad core PC and I can leave it on until it finishes analyzing, then move the files to an external 500Gb drive. However, I usually organize and clean-up the file name, and ID3 tags... so it shows up nice on whatever software I load it. This as you already know is EXTREMELY time consuming and even though I choose my sets for each gig.. I would like to finally find a way (and time) to have them all ready (cleaned up)

I guess from now on I will have to edit the names, etc from withing Traktor and not from iTunes + BPM Detector.

3. DJ Freshfluke

you could even do that.

the important thing is:

WRITE TAGS! after analyzation and editing ID3 tags.

then you can move the files to another computer.
    there you have to manually READ TAGS and everything is coming back. it's important to read tags of all tracks, especially if they were already on your other computer.

4. JCO

JCO Forum Member

Native Girl:

Thanks for the tip(s). I actually tested it last night and works great. BTW I even analyzed about 5,000 songs. Thought it would take overnight.. but took only an hour (on a Quad core).

Now I need to practice more beatgrids, cues and loops.

5. DJ Freshfluke

great to hear. happy spinning! :)

6. JCO

JCO Forum Member

Native Girl:

Now I am REALLY frustrated! :( I spent the last two days organizing, analyzing and writings tags of my collection. At 4:00am I shutdown my PC. At 1:00pm I turned it on, so I can finish it off and start working on some mixes. Guess what?

Everything is right before ALL my work these two days! I know I wrote the tags, because that was the most important thing I was making sure of. It is a shame I took 2 days off of family time to work with this and it is lost. :(

Any suggestions as of why this may have happened?
    (I.E - Collection shows 30 genres... I go to each of them... re-analyze the songs (one genre at a time) I then select all the songs, edit, select the genre I want them in, apply, write tags, OK - And so on....

Today.. everything is back as if I haven't done anything at all. And again shows 30 genres instead of 10 when I finished working at 4:00am

7. DJ Freshfluke

now we're back on the point where i have to ask from where you analyzed... as pointed out you have to analyze from below the track collection node, not the explorer node...

it's a bug that traktor does not save the analyzation or tag writing from below the explorer node.

you have to do all that from below the track collection node.

8. JCO

JCO Forum Member

Native Girl:

Sorry I took so long to reply...

1) I analyze(d) from the Collection. I recall reading a post regarding this issue, and you being clear about the bug and how it must be done.

2) Signaturex gave me a helping hand, and we noticed that most of the files that are shown up as "not analyzed" were either renamed or moved to a different folder within the same folder structure, therefore even though Traktor did analyze them, once the folder strucutre changed, so Traktor's "pointer" to the file.

Unfortunately, Traktor does not have a way to let you know "Hey this file in your Collection is not found... what happened?" :confused: until you want to re-analyze, play, etc the file.

3) Since I have a huge collection (as many in here as well) I decided to gradually prepare sets and move them to the external drive, then add them to the Collection and analyze them, and so on. Unfortunately it will take some precious time preparing the folders/files, renaming, ID3/Key Tagging, Moving them to the drive, preparing sets, beatgrids, loops, and start all over again with a new group of files. :(

9. DJ Freshfluke

-> this is what the consistency check is good for.
    then you can relocate the missing tracks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.