1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

i mistook a can of WD-40 for a can of compressed air and squirted in my Maschine :(

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by StarSMASH, Oct 10, 2019 at 10:41 AM.

1. StarSMASH

StarSMASH NI Product Owner

oh god, how fucked am i? :( I know you wouldn't be able to tell, but i will require massive reassurance in these next few moments/days :( :(

Has anyone else done anything so STUPID??!? :mad:

2. muitosabao

muitosabao NI Product Owner

:eek: ****! Sorry to hear, man!

3. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

WD40 should not damage anything of the electronics, it will just be a pain to clean. But in the end your Maschine should still work perfectly, which is a good thing.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Alcool isopropyl will get rid of it and preserve your electronics

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

sorry to hear that. i would just clean it before you ever power it up again in this situation.

regarding your question and doing stupid things with music equipment: i had a time where i was "doing illegal consumations". during this trip (literally travelling around) i forgot all my maschine-luggage at a toilet (sniff sniff)...only 1 hour later i recognised my maschine is not with me anymore. it took me almost 8 hours to figure out where i've been 1 hour before...

thanks god this was in the late evening/early morning. otherwise some ppl. would have found a pretty expensive gift and ready for them to produce hits :))))

so yeah...maschine's are prone to "getting done stupid things to them" o_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. DA RIPPER

DA RIPPER NI Product Owner

7. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

HAHA... Like Reefius said you're good. I would just clean off the outside with a rag.
    I am no expert but I think it can have anywhere from 1% to 30% water though, and that water percentage will be electrically conductive, so be absolutely sure it's all evaporated before turning the controller on.
    I've seen people messing up water-cooled computers and spreading water all over them then using isopropyl alcohol to help evaporate the water, with a heat gun tho.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nahz20Hz

Nahz20Hz New Member

Talk about a well-oiled maschine!
    Sorry...

I agree it should be fine with some work. My heart sunk when a spilled a beer on my mk3, which is way worse. I got it back to normal working condition. Good luck to you!

There’s probably no need for the alcohol since it is a lubricant and will stay wet, might just have to wipe everything dry after opening it up.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019 at 9:34 PM
    • Funny Funny x 4
  9. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

the one I use is 99% and evaporate within seconds...

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. StarSMASH

StarSMASH NI Product Owner

Thank you all for your help! I wiped it and it seems to still be working fine :)

I’m interested in more of your gear **** up stories though :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

one day I took a sh*t and and its when i decided to clean me up that I realised my Maschine Mikro was underneath... OMG what a mess, I was lost and didn't know how to clean this mess...I took a chance with baby wipes.. It worked like a magic...I highly recommend baby wipes...works wonders:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

wait, you shat on your maschine? OMG, ....how on earth loool

13. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Yeah, i bring it everywhere with me. After that I realised it is probably not a good idea:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

my heroe of the month :D
    kaldosh opens a new thread, title "NI maschine mikro mk3 pads sucks". description: damn, this drumpads havn't been so sti(n)cky before...what could have happend? NI sucks" :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Mr Mahogany

Mr Mahogany NI Product Owner

16. Bonus Beats

Bonus Beats NI Product Owner

Maschine MK40

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Bonus Beats

Bonus Beats NI Product Owner

or Maschine WD40

18. BigPictureSound

BigPictureSound NI Product Owner

I believe this is actually a performance technique used to produce 90% of today’s pop music.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. J-Fly

J-Fly NI Product Owner

Please give us an update. I believe a spray bottle treatment of 50% water and 50% alcohol will do the trick. But I admit I have a strange affection with rubbing alcohol........long story.

20. baridw1

baridw1 NI Product Owner

Really? I wouldn't mix water with anything and put it on my logic board. There's all types of electronic cleaner products out there and I have yet to see one that says 50% water and 50% alcohol. There may be a little water in a product but 50% sounds like alot to me. PS (I work on computers for a living (Water + Electronics = Bad)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019 at 10:56 PM
    • Like Like x 2