1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

i mistook a can of WD-40 for a can of compressed air and squirted in my Maschine :(

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by StarSMASH, Oct 10, 2019.

1. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Keyboards, especially cheap membrane ones used in offices have a layer of plastic/rubber (the membrane itself) that separates the bottom of keys from the electronics, that most likely keeps the liquid out... they are also pretty resilient as shorting a the contacts will most likely only cause it to trigger a letter, or rekt a few keys in the worst-case scenario, while an expensive controller has more points of possible failure.. I am pretty crazy and not even i would put water on my controller :D
    I do clean my Apple keyboard with water/wet cloth, then again I also rekt an expensive mechanical keyboard by doing the same... so.. yeah.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. kcearl

kcearl NI Product Owner

I did the volca beats snare mod and lost the kick instead

3. sam_saw

sam_saw NI Product Owner

Cleaned a mac keyboard with baby wipes...Killed it...expensive lesson learnt.

4. D-One

Do you still have that dead keyboard? I would buy it for 10£ :D

5. sam_saw

sam_saw NI Product Owner

I have 2 dead full sized wired ones, I was thinking today about putting them on ebay or something but if you want one let me know, they both have similar keys not working, pretty common i think.
    [​IMG]

6. StarSMASH

StarSMASH NI Product Owner

dude tried to **** my **** up, huh?

7. baridw1

baridw1 NI Product Owner

He probably believes he's not doing anything harmful since he didn't fry his keyboard in the process of cleaning it. But yea water is a terrible suggestion and alcohol (Depending on the percentage can damage a logic board as well.) Like I said there are a ton of circuit board cleaners out there.

8. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

This is brilliant! Tide Pods are on the way out we need something new !
    Everybody should do this!
    Please send photos of your Maschine squirted with oil!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. D-One

I've boiled a 2000XL in tomato sauce then washed it with water... does that count?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It gave it even more of a vintage sound...
    :D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. StarSMASH

w-.....why......

11. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

i would not worry too much. some say tomatoes have got lots of "antioxidants". so you literally enlonged it's life circle. because more antioxidants means less oxidation, right? :D;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Et_Voila

Et_Voila NI Product Owner

Hahahahaha !
    Sorry man, can't help it...

Has anyone else done anything so STUPID??!?
    >>>>
    I sure did...
    Was in bed : Maschine onto a big large peace of wood, over my laps; like the stuffs you take breakfast on, but XXXXL size Hand made: For Lazy Music Bastards hahahaha.
    Was doing boom bap in bed : All day, all night : Felt asleep onto my Maschine, and well, I thought I pissed myself somehow when I woke up.
    Noooo.... I droped a large bol (40cl) of thea with a lot of sugar inside : Onto the pads...Sure enough : The s$$$ did not worked anymore....

So...Maybe that doesn't change s$$ for you, but maybe you now don't feel like you're the only one who does stuffs...
    But : I got to admit yours is way more funny : Because you've been awake, it was quick: Hahahhahahaha: Took me a whole night and to play Detective to understand why this S$$$ didn't work anymore, why the bed was wet...
    Well : You are a straight up cold blooded killer ahahahhaahha Sorry dude....
    You did good, I'm impressed : I'm so sorry, not mocking you: I'm thanking you: I am now laughing so hardddddddd :) Gold: )

Know what : You'll survive....
    And I'm sure you already thought of solutions...
    Keep your cool, that will do.
    Peace man.

13. D-One

:) It was broken already beyond saving, i was helping a friend of mine record this video. We did a bunch of crazy stuff with that MPC for Marco Polo's drumkits.

14. Et_Voila

So that was real...Not just some random gif taken somewhere.
    My apologizes for doubting D...Good job once again then...
    Definetly arsty is D...Or at the very least once again: Helping people...
    The samaritain...Is your cover...One of them.
    I won't throw you too much flowers, I mean, don't you feel sick getting so much Love and maybe admiration from this place ?
    Potentially overwhelming...Well I ain't you, maybe...I should shut up :)
    I will find, what's up/in your sleeve ;) Hahahhaa !

OW ! Great news then...Glad. That's good...
    Success !

15. StarSMASH

i love marco polos beats. I'd spend a few dollars on drum kits if i wasn't so determined to learn sound design.

16. D-One

Yeah, 100% real... I remember posting some pics and vids on Instagram at the time and everyone was freaking out, hilarious.

He is dope. My best friend is a designer and photographer and does all his visuals for a few years now, album covers, logo, drumkit promos, etc... Sometimes I help him out as a noob assistant so I can learn a bit about photography, he told me Marco actually goes in studio with session drummers for a lot of the breaks in his drumkits, so for people who like original breaks, it's probably worth it since some things are beyond sound design.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Et_Voila

Well,

What will follow, in communication, would be called a lot of noises :/ I guess...

So really you don't have to answer these questions D, that for the most part are rhetorical ones, or not worth answering.
    And you my friendZ? Can really skip, I mean...Not my fault if you lose time reading my s$$$...
    Morning waking up clown that's what's up...

But I'll start with an attempt of contribution even it it will be a bit ''on the side''...
    Stupidity/accident with my turntables, someday: Looked like so :
    That's a candle who went onto my turntable : (No you wrong minded person, that's not what you think it is :/ Imagine: That would be a LOT of it...Hummmm...Maybe some Profesionnal Star can achieve that amount (cheating somehow I guess), and wwhat am I saying now my words...)
    [​IMG]

You're losing me : What's the diffference between real: And 100% real?
    It might be not that far of a 10% whateverAnalogicOrNot pleonasm.
    Quantification of reality, hmmmm...
    Ow I get it! Sorry I'm slow, that was a 'dualistic mindset' right there haahahah...
    Context...That's what I was missing out.
    That doesn't start well as always, you're hurting my brain D.

Sure is, and great job anyway...Now you know, that is the comment of a spiky, woops, picky bastard...

I allow myself this lil' critic: I'll be not cool, and bold I guess :/
    Because I Love you D :) (now sshhhhhhhh, secret girls right?)

Image quality's seem way more than correct/suffisant :
    (I know it's old, and I know this ''viewpoint'' remains mine, and I can say s$$ too/be wrong*, no worries...*Way more often than not actually...)
    ''Too bad'' that animation doesn't loop to some ''same starting point''/''quick flash''/smooth fading from Z to A (....maybe...), see ?
    To avoid this ''Nystagmus'' FX ***
    ***Wich sometimes can be here on purpose for XY reasons...Too.
    [​IMG]

Idea was good :
    ''The right one is in the details'', so this Tomato sauce story makes it looks...Red?
    Can't tell I'm color blind...

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  18. BigPictureSound

BigPictureSound NI Product Owner

This thread has gone off topic for all the right reasons. I approve...continue.