1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

I7 Processor Windows 8 Still Latency (Wdf01000.sys)

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by JpGarnhamDj, Jan 12, 2013.

1. JpGarnhamDj

JpGarnhamDj New Member

Hi guys,

First off, I'm quite knowledgeable about computers and have been using Traktor since Dj studio back to in the day. I've gone through all known posts about optimising windows including background service , power options, disabling services and choosing what's best for performance but I still have latency on a high powered laptop.

My Laptop specs are as follows:
    Samsung series 3 I7 3630QM (Third gen Quad core Processor)
    1Tb Hdd
    8 gig memory
    Windows 8 64 bit

However powerful my laptop is; in regards to latency, LatencyMon finds that the following service is always at the top and seems worse when the internet is disabled

WDF01000.SYS

Now I've Googled this in regards to what it is, what it does, with conflicting reports, all I really want to know is how I can stop this process from working or disable it or something to reduce the spike as at the moment it's jumping up to 16.851 in highest executions! This is ridiculous and goin to ruin my next gig using Traktor scratch next Saturday so can someone please help!

Kind regards,

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  2. marcomaunero

marcomaunero Forum Member

Do you have an usb powered external HD?

3. JpGarnhamDj

JpGarnhamDj New Member

Thanks for your reply.

No using the internal one

4. mr krabs

mr krabs NI Product Owner

do you just measure this latency with a program or do you really experience drop outs and other issues?
    DPC-Latency Checker for example is going nuts on Windows 8, showing high values through the bank because in Win8 the kernel timers are implemented differently than in Win7 which causes the programs algorithm to produce incorrect results.
    In reality everything is working just fine.

I'm just asking this, because I know a whole lot of people that are freaking out just because of numbers and values telling them something is wrong, even if they are not experiencing a problem :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. XMan714

XMan714 NI Product Owner

Open Task Manager and go the Services tab. Check which local system services are running. Send us a screen capture. Do the same thing in Windows Services.

The biggest culprit for me was Intel Management Services causing drop outs constantly. Once it was disabled, my laptop has no background applications running in Task Manager other than Traktor.

6. newtonj148

newtonj148 New Member

Hey I have a Samsung Series 5 I7 3537U CPU @ 2.00 GHz
    8 gig memory
    750 GB HD
    Windows 8.1 64 bit

I am having the same exact problems. I started having drop outs and Traktor froze on me twice in the bar. It was a nightmare. Then the next day I was in contract to do a $500. gig and did the whole gig with no cpu spikes or drop outs. Now I have been working daily to resolve the issue, but nothing is working. I downloaded the latency mon and that same driver is the one causing problems in my system.

WDF01000.SYS

Did you find a solution? I hope you can help I have a bar gig tomorrow night and can't figure anything out. I've contacted Samsung, Windows, and Native Instruments. I'm being bounced back and forth with the blame game and no solutions. Thanks in advance.

7. newtonj148

newtonj148 New Member

Attached Files:

8. newtonj148

newtonj148 New Member

There are the screen shots from my services tab on my task manager. I am having the same problem and nearly have the same computer as the gentlemen who originally posted this. I am very frustrated. If you could help me in any way I would greatly appreciate it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. UltimateOutsider

UltimateOutsider NI Product Owner

@newtonj148 - WDF01000.SYS is an operating system component required by any kernel-mode device driver designed specifically to run on Windows 7 or Windows 8. WDF01000 itself is probably not the problem- more likely there's a driver for one of your existing devices that's causing the issue.

The way to troubleshoot this is to disconnect/disable attached/installed devices until the spikes go away. Once you've isolated which device is causing the problem, you might be able to fix it with a driver or firmware update, or simply stop using that device. Also make sure you're using the latest Traktor drivers and firmware (if NI provides firmware updates), and try to avoid using USB 3 ports if that's at all possible on your computer. Most Windows laptops still have at least one USB 2 port.

10. XMan714

XMan714 NI Product Owner

newtonj148, you haven't optimized your system. Read the knowledge article and disable devices listed. You still have Intel management drivers running, wireless network, bluetooth, antivirus, etc.

11. newtonj148

newtonj148 New Member

Do I shut them off in the device manager?

12. XMan714

XMan714 NI Product Owner

Devices are disabled in Device Manager, Services are disabled in Windows Services.

13. Will Day

Will Day New Member

Hi,

I'm having the same issue with a very powerful Dell M6600
    i7-2720 (8 core)
    32GB fastest RAM possible
    2x 1T SSD.
    Win8.1 64

I had the same thing at a gig the other day. The laptop and Traktor completely froze on mixing in the first track. Luckily we chucked on another tune from the CDJ and I restarted my machine. It then worked fine for the rest of the gig.
    I have been DPC latency issues for a while now.

please help if you can
    Thanks

14. for all those

for all those Member

15. Will Day

Will Day New Member

Btw also stopped the Intel Management Services in the Local Services on my machine and that seemed to help a lot.
    When I restarted today they have come back on so I uninstalled the three drivers.
    Everything seems to be much happier now. No crazy spikes .... yet. (fingers crossed)

16. sengaia

sengaia NI Product Owner

I belive this was fixed when win 8.1 came out.
    My desktop pc with xp, win 7 & 8.1 multiboot, has the same dpc latency +/- 8us in all OS
    just look deep into this guide
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1433882/...ios-optimization-guide-for-modern-pc-hardware

Dont install drivers that is not needed.
    Dont install drivers or driver software that windows has installed already.
    Intel drivers and others might give you better layout & funtionality. But will probaly result in a higher system dpc latency

17. Elementalism

Elementalism New Member

i think this is related to nvida gpu drivers