If I really want Spektral Delay, can I buy it somewhere?

Discussion in 'SPEKTRAL DELAY' started by NIMichi, Aug 13, 2014.

1. NIMichi

NIMichi NI Product Owner

Hello, I need Spektral DElay it is really nice, so is there a possibility to buy it anywhere, the same with vokator, which is better than Vocodex?

2. jackn2mpu

jackn2mpu NI Product Owner

Even if you could find it I doubt it would run on modern operating systems of either Windoze or OSX

3. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

It does - installing it is harder but possible - I have both running pretty well on OS-X Mavericks and a Windows 7 64 bit laptop. Don't know about Win 8.

• Like Like x 1
  4. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Yep, both Vokator and Spektral Delay still work just fine in W7 x64.

I would say spying on eBay might be the only way to get it...

5. sextra terrestrial

sextra terrestrial NI Product Owner

Just bought a Macbook Pro with Mavericks....how did you get Spektral delay to work? It worked fine on my Windows 7x64 just fine, but not MAC OS X 10.9.4. Error: PowerPC apps not supported.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

6. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

You need to run the patcher for the installers to update them to universal:

http://co.native-instruments.com/?id=freeupdates

I installed mine before I updated to Mavericks though (on Lion), I don't know if that would make a difference but it might.

7. jackn2mpu

It would make a difference but there's something else - if I read right you updated to Mavericks right over the top of Lion? If so don't be surprised if you start having issues. You never want to update operating system versions (say from one version of OSX to another) without first wiping the system drive and installing the new version of OSX on a clean drive. And using Migration Assassin isn't good for bringing apps over; data yes - apps - never.

8. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

People generally update Mac OSes over previous versions - it's how the installation process works. I'm not having problems.

Whether it makes a difference to the installer is the pertinent question, that I don't know but certainly turn off gatekeeper for starters.

9. jackn2mpu

I'm saying it would make a difference because you might not be able to do the install of SD after updating to Mavericks.

And for your edification - it may be how some people do an OS update but that's not a good way to go. It can lead to all kinds of issues down the road. Try posting about updating an os right over the top of another on the DUC and you'll find out that's a bad thing. If you're happy with it - more power to you but don't be surprised if you don't start having issues down the road. Just because Apple may say that's how to do it doesn't mean it's the right technical thing to do.

10. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

I know - that's why I said it may be different. But then again maybe it won't - the big hurdles are installing and authorising, turning off Gatekeeper would certainly help, and I found the NI Service centre picked up and authorised SD on my system once it was installed (and Vokator). If there are still problems installing using something like Pacifist may help.

It's not a case of Apple saying it's the right way to do it - it's the way the install process runs, I've never known any other option being provided.

11. Coorec

Coorec NI Product Owner

I recently got it bundled when buying a Komplete 4 on Ebay.

12. Mr Mahogany

Mr Mahogany NI Product Owner

Spektral Delay and Vocator may be holding a nostalgic memory in your mind that supersedes the actual product. I have each installed on Win 64 and recently tried each to get unique sounds for a project. For both I found much better options in Komplete 9. Vokator especially is rendered obsolete (to me) by The Mouth and the vocoder options in Razor.

13. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Vokator is far more interesting as a synth and effect than a vocoder. But there is still nothing that matches Spectral Delay.

14. jackn2mpu

I have to admit I never 'got into' either Vokator or Spektral Delay; only messed with hardware vocoders.

15. Robin Necron

Robin Necron New Member

i have an unopened boxed copy waiting for the right owner who takes good care of it :)

16. Robin Necron

Robin Necron New Member

licensed?its an unopened retail box.
    how about 50€?

17. NIMichi

NIMichi NI Product Owner

hello, Im interested!
    is it already sold?

18. Robin Necron

Robin Necron New Member

yes i sold one to mister arachnaut,but i have another unopened boxed copy(i was planning to keep that for myself but tbh i didnt install it yet)

i will think about it and let you know something next week.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cornell Bentley

Cornell Bentley NI Product Owner

Jealous of all, wish I was down with NI from their start ... would love some old gear, though not holding my breath