1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

If Maschine 3.0 is SUBSCRIPTION ONLY... would you sign up?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Hit-Man, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Hit-Man

Hit-Man NI Product Owner

If Native Instruments releases Maschine 3.0 next year and it has all the things we've been asking for all these years... Performance Recording, Independent Scene Tempo, merge and split patterns ect... but it'll cost you $9.99 a month with NO option to buy... would you sign up?

1. Yes... I've waited so long for these features in Maschine. I have no problem paying $9.99 a month to use the Maschine 3.0 software.

2. HELL NO! We've waited all these years for these features and now we finally have them but we have to pay $9.99 a month to use them? There's a better chance of me winning the multi-state lottery than me paying Native Instruments $9.99 a month to use Maschine 3.0!!!!

Would you sign up?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

That would be the end of my relationship with native instruments. And I would slightly switch to something else.

Uwe

• Like Like x 8
  3. wetdentist

wetdentist NI Product Owner

i would demand Maschine 3.0 for free since the main features were promised to me before i bought the Jam, which would be part of the 2.0 software

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  4. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

No. They have been told this over and over but still they appear to persist How many bad CEO's does it take to steer a potentially brilliant company into disaster?.......................................................

• Like Like x 3
  5. tslays

tslays NI Product Owner

I don't think that this is how the model will work.

They probably include a whole ecosystem. You get software like Maschine + Komplete (always the latest version) and access to services (number of credits for sounds.com).

I could see them offer actually the current Komplete bundles with subscription fees. Like K12+100 credits 19.99/month, K12U+200 credits 29.99/month and so on.
    Considering the price of Komplete, this might be even a better alternative for people starting out or people upgrading with every version.

6. tempsperdu

If they offer subscriprion as an alternative means to access I don't think anyone would see that in any way negatively. Unfortunately quite a few think their aim is to try and engineer subscription only. It is not a difficult thing for anyone at NI to confirm or deny this. The fact that they have repeatedly refused to do so doesn't leave an awful lot of room for optimism and shows quite a disdain for the users.

• Like Like x 1
  7. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

Your going to be a corporate slave now.. paying to login and make music.. funny will they help pay your electric bill.. sounds like another way to poach fanboys...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hit-Man

Hit-Man NI Product Owner

I don't understand why more Jam users weren't pissed off about that. Clearly false advertising on Native Instruments part. Performance recording was the main reason a lot people even bought the Jam.

But you know how the saying goes - "Buy gear for what it can do NOW, not for what it MAY be able to do in the future!" Native Instruments showed all you Jam owners why you should always remember this when buying gear.

• Like Like x 7
  9. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Nope. Not now, not ever.

I'm a firm believer that your core tools are something that shouldn't be locked behind a subscription paywall. No matter how bad it could ever get, you should always have your tools. Slow few months? Unexpected financial hit somehow? At least you've still got your tools to bounce back. I'd rather pay it all up front and have it permanently, even if it's only for that version, and I'm sure I'm not the only one in biz who feels that way.

• Like Like x 10
  10. tslays

tslays NI Product Owner

So right now you are not paying to make music?

11. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

NI (or any other company) can't expect people to buy a $600 controller and then require a monthly fee to be able to use it. That would be plain stupid.

I can already see this on the box of every controller: 'Three months of free subscription included' o_O

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  12. tslays

tslays NI Product Owner

Well, I still know people using Photoshop 7.0 :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

That's not going to happen.

• Like Like x 16
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

:- )

• Like Like x 1
  15. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

Mick to the rescue :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

I hope my reply leaves no room for interpretation, haha ;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
  17. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

End of topic. That too quite fast/soon. :):thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. tempsperdu

Good......would have been nice to have been told that months ago. :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Hit-Man

Hit-Man NI Product Owner

Ok, so you're telling us that the Maschine software and the Komplete software... including all the instruments included in the Komplete software will not be going to some type of subscription based platform in the future?

20. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

Yes, but I think it's not too late. :) Perhaps Mick's post should be made a sticky now. ;)

• Like Like x 2